Question about aftermarket sights for RIA Tactical... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about aftermarket sights for RIA Tactical...

TKR Reptiles
11-22-2010, 11:18
Recently went to the local range to get some of the TFO Tru Glo's put on my RIA Tactical... The gun smith there told me that none of the aftermarket sights would work for the cut of my front sight, and I needed to send em to a tool tech... He said the can insert Tritium into the stock sights...

Then I called Arnel the smith at Armscor and he said that you can mod the front of the slide or mod the actual front site to make it work... Anyone on here know if there is just a sight you can buy and install? They don't HAVE to be the FO/Tritium combo sights, that is just what I prefer... Just some night sights would suffice if there are some that would work...

Thanks in advance...

rsxr22
11-22-2010, 11:51
I believe both parties are right. My boss got the Tactical as well and had to custom fit some Dawson's to work on it.

Tactical black
11-22-2010, 11:51
I believe on the RIA Tactical it can be swapped out but on the GI models it would have to be cut for it.

If the front sight looks like this you can change it pretty easy. But I could be wrong I've never done it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/sv1cec/reviews/RIATactical/IMG_1252.jpg

Quack
11-22-2010, 11:59
the front sight dovetail on the RIA is different than the standard Novak or Springfield front sight cut.

IIRC, Dawson made a run of sights for the RIA dovetail. give them a call

rsxr22
11-22-2010, 11:59
Ya it looks easy but the cut outs do not match up with other sights

TKR Reptiles
11-22-2010, 12:18
the front sight dovetail on the RIA is different than the standard Novak or Springfield front sight cut.

IIRC, Dawson made a run of sights for the RIA dovetail. give them a call

Thanks. You happen to have any contact info?

Quack
11-22-2010, 12:21
www.dawsonprecision.com

TKR Reptiles
11-22-2010, 13:33
www.dawsonprecision.com (http://www.dawsonprecision.com)

Thanks a lot!