Jailbreak iPhone 3G with 4.1 OS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak iPhone 3G with 4.1 OS

Cali-Glock
11-22-2010, 13:34
I have an iPhone 3G which was just upgraded with 4.1 OS. This phone had been previously been jailbroken with blackra1n and I thought I understood I would be able to re-jailbreak my phone with limera1n, but have been unsuccessful after several attempts.

It seems many of the 4.1 OS jailbreaks are good for the iPhone 4 and 3GS but not the 3G

Any ideas?

MavsX
11-23-2010, 07:21
well hello...you are in luck my friend...well sorta. I jailbroke my 3GS using limera1n, i had zero issues doing it. It is my understanding that the limera1n jailbreak is only for iPhone 4 and 3GS....

i'm running 4.1 iOS. what kind of problems are you having? any error messages?

Cali-Glock
11-23-2010, 19:40
well hello...you are in luck my friend...well sorta. I jailbroke my 3GS using limera1n, i had zero issues doing it. It is my understanding that the limera1n jailbreak is only for iPhone 4 and 3GS....

i'm running 4.1 iOS. what kind of problems are you having? any error messages?

I have a 3G not the 3Gs. It hangs up in the recovery mode.

I have also tried greenpOison, but it simply keeps telling me to try again when I go through the initial sequence.

I am so frustrated I could scream! :crying:

noway
11-23-2010, 20:15
Did you try pwnage? I broken my 3g with it when it was 4.0 OS and I did my 3gs when it was 4.0 also.

BlackRain was ***** and I paid for a commercial jailbreak app, that did not work with a darn.

MavsX
11-24-2010, 06:37
I have a 3G not the 3Gs. It hangs up in the recovery mode.

I have also tried greenpOison, but it simply keeps telling me to try again when I go through the initial sequence.

I am so frustrated I could scream! :crying:

Yeah, i know you have a 3G, which is i said i think limera1n is only for 3GS or 4.

Anyway, what about redsn0w? This website has a pretty god unlocking area..

http://modmyi.com/forums/jailbreak-downgrading-upgrading/

there is a whole section in there about redsn0w..or in the other is where limera1n is discussed.

Finally, here is a link that shows all the jailbreaks and what models will it work with...

http://thebigboss.org/jailbreak-now

big boss is a solid site, and they host alot of apps on cydia.