Gap Between Body and Slide [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gap Between Body and Slide

AZBrian
11-22-2010, 21:58
I am in the market for my first gun. I was at the store yesterday and I was looking at the Glocks and the guy behind the counter mentioned that for some reason the gap between the slide and the body was smaller at the front of the gun than at the rear. It looked like within the first two inches of the gun the body of the gun had a severe bend in it. Almost to the point the body was touching the slide at the front of the gun. I attached a picture below that shows that it shouldn't be that way. Unfortunately I don't have a picture showing what it actually looked like. I specifically saw it on a M19 and a Gen 4 G22. Does anyone know why it is like this and if it is normal? I can't imagine Glock would let a defect like this out.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

JR
11-23-2010, 11:21
The portion of the frame forward of the front rails is called the dust cover. Sometimes the dust cover will move up or down during the cooling process just after it has been released from the mold. As long as the dust cover does not touch the slide there is not an issue.
It is purely cosmetic. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and totally subjective to the owner.