What's This? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's This?

Arc Angel
11-23-2010, 19:15
Hi JR,

PART ONE: I have two spare channel liners for my new G-19. Neither one has a beveled edge on one end. Instead there's a small, 'U' shaped notch on one end of the both of them.

I would like to know which end goes into the FP channel first? Is it the flat edge or the edge with the small, 'U' shaped notch? Also, what happened to the old beveled edge channel liners I have on my G-21's?

PART TWO: I'm still having trouble trying to get my new G-19 to hit dead on. (So has everybody else who's tried to shoot this pistol straight!) Moving the rear sight over to the right has helped, somewhat; but the problem is still there. At 12 yards it was hitting 2 to 4 inches to the left and slightly down.

Now, and at the same distance, it is hitting 1 to 1 1/2 inches to the left and, again, slightly down. (I mean, today, I braced my elbows and tore one jagged hole an inch, or so, off center to the left and, maybe, a 1/4 inch down.)

I took your previous advice and have meticulously examined this pistol for any unusual rub or scrape marks. I even went so far as to have a certified Glock armorer bore sight it. It sure looked like the laser dot and the rear sight were lined up.

Any ideas on what I should do now, or where I should start looking again? (I have a call in to Fred at Glock, Smyrna. He's harder to reach than God!) The only thing I can add is that I have noticed a slight amount of bare metal on the right side of the slide lock. Could this be a factor?

I know this one isn't easy; and, I thank you for your time. If it matters the first 3 letters of the pistol's serial number are, 'PED'.

JR
11-23-2010, 23:30
All the channel liners I have ever seen have a beveled edge. If yours does not, throw it away and get one that does..... Unless you want to just shove it in the hole and be done with it?

Sounds to me like you have too much finger on the trigger. This is common and always places hits low left.

Arc Angel
11-24-2010, 05:15
Thanks, JR.

Yeah, I thought there was something wrong with these channel liners; they're unlike any others I've seen too.

I sincerely hope you're right about too much trigger finger. (I'd be delighted if you were; but, whenever I do a, 'ball and dummy' drill that front sight doesn't move by so much as a hair.)

I'm really at a loss to figure this one out. I'm starting to wonder if the entire slide assembly is, somehow, canted off to one side? (When I get it, I'll be sure to let you know.)

By the way: Beautiful little Glock! Scalloped slide serrations and RTF2 finish! Why the factory discontinued it, I'll never understand.