Lookit what followed me home! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lookit what followed me home!

Critias
11-24-2010, 15:01
(I'll try to get my own pics of it soon)
http://dynamicarmament.com/images/mossbergnov2008/51663.jpg

Just got home from the gun store with a Mossberg 590 Special Purpose, similar to the one above. It's got a six-shot Tacstar sidesaddle on it, a nice Hogue forend, and Mossberg factory Ghost Rings (I may take off the rear aperture and just go by the front blade, gotta wait and see how I like 'em).

I traded in my old SKS (which I've barely touched since picking up my AK), and thanks to the trade I got the Mossie for $125 plus tax. I was getting ready to flip a coin in order to decide between a Mossberg and a Remington for my first home defense shotgun, but when I saw this one, I figured I'd snatch it up.

All I'm after now is (a) a trip to the range to see how much I think I'll need a nicer recoil pad, and (b) a light of some sort for it.

WoodenPlank
11-24-2010, 16:48
Disclaimer: I am not very recoil sensitive.
That being said, I have a 590, and recoil has not really been a problem at all, even with slugs. I am using a CDM gear MT mount (3-slot rail) with a Viking Tactics light mount, and a Surefire 6PL with the dual switch tail kit. The light mount and rail have held up very well so far, as has the light itself. Not too bad on cost for a quality light set up, and it meant no permanent mods to the gun (ie: chopping off the bayonet lug to use the Surefire fore end...)

ZekerMan
11-24-2010, 17:03
Looks like a nice scattergun to me...enjoy!!

mixflip
11-24-2010, 19:41
Youre gonna love those ghost ring sights when you start to play around with those 50 to 100 yard shots with slugs. GRS really accentuates the fighting shotgun's "versatile" reputation.

WJR
11-24-2010, 22:19
Looks like a good choice.

WJR

den888
11-24-2010, 22:37
Nice Mossberg !

Folsom_Prison
11-24-2010, 23:26
Congrats!!

Critias
11-25-2010, 00:27
I hated getting rid of my SKS, but it felt silly to just have it gathering dust if I could save money to trade it for something I'll use. I was pleasantly surprised how much I got for it, though! The guys at all three gun stores I visited said it was one of the cleanest SKSs they'd ever seen, and they were all offering me decent money for it -- even though I shoot Glocks and AKs, guns known for their reliability, I still kind of "baby" 'em, so I liked hearing that someone else appreciated me keeping my guns in good shape. ;)

I've got a buddy that does some three-gun stuff in the area, and hopefully now that I've got all three guns, I can start getting in some trigger time.

B.Reid
11-25-2010, 09:25
I hated getting rid of my SKS, but it felt silly to just have it gathering dust if I could save money to trade it for something I'll use. I was pleasantly surprised how much I got for it, though! The guys at all three gun stores I visited said it was one of the cleanest SKSs they'd ever seen, and they were all offering me decent money for it -- even though I shoot Glocks and AKs, guns known for their reliability, I still kind of "baby" 'em, so I liked hearing that someone else appreciated me keeping my guns in good shape. ;)

I've got a buddy that does some three-gun stuff in the area, and hopefully now that I've got all three guns, I can start getting in some trigger time.

Three Gun Matches are a blast, and good practice at shooting in different positions and on the move. Things you just can't usually do at the range.

bac1023
11-25-2010, 11:26
Congrats! :cool:

ScrappyDoo
11-25-2010, 20:05
very very nice I came close to buying this one (or something very very similar?) a few months ago, just because.

Can never NEVER have too many blacktical tactical boomsticks ESPECIALLY Mossbergs ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY SPX'es

roar
11-26-2010, 19:07
Did you get a 590 or a 590A1?

I have a 590A1 that looks exactly like yours, minus the sidesaddle, and it is great! I still am more of a Remington guy but I love Mossberg as well, and my 590A1 is my "beast" of a shotgun. Never had any problems with the 590A1!

glockerbob
11-26-2010, 19:16
Nice score. Love mine. Enjoy

dc2integra
11-26-2010, 20:11
congrats on the mossberg 590 they are great shotguns