Fixed CYL choke vs Fixed IMP CYL in 18.5" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fixed CYL choke vs Fixed IMP CYL in 18.5"

glockenturm
11-26-2010, 23:54
Now have 2 18.5" barrels for my 870. One has the fixed CYL choke and the other a fixed IMP CYL choke. Haven't had a chance to fire the CYL barrel and am limited to slugs at my range.

Is there any discernable difference in such a short barrel. Obviously have it for HD and have 00 buckshot loaded.

Should I use one for practice and the other for Home Defense??

Most of what I found on the net deals with chokes for bird guns.

Thanks.........

aippi
11-27-2010, 00:37
Choke does not matter at HD ranges. I/C is a little more restricted and will give a tighter pattern at longer ranges. As for slugs, use the I/C as it will stablize the slug some as it leaves the barrel. Cyl Bore is not good for slugs. Then just keep the I/C on your weapon. There is just not enough difference for you to change barrels and you really have no use for the Cyl Bore now. Sell it.

glockenturm
11-27-2010, 00:53
Yikes!!!! :shocked: Just bought the Cylinder bore yesterday. The price was too good to pass up for a brand new take-off barrel. I'll just keep it, may build another shotgun......

badge315
11-27-2010, 12:40
Choke does not matter at HD ranges. I/C is a little more restricted and will give a tighter pattern at longer ranges. As for slugs, use the I/C as it will stablize the slug some as it leaves the barrel. Cyl Bore is not good for slugs. Then just keep the I/C on your weapon. There is just not enough difference for you to change barrels and you really have no use for the Cyl Bore now. Sell it.

Agreed.