New Sights for my Kimber Eclipse Pro II [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Sights for my Kimber Eclipse Pro II

Boxerglocker
11-27-2010, 17:40
Looking at doing some more tactical handgun classes this coming new year. I'm going to use the 1911 more as all the previous classes have always been with Glocks and want to be more proficient with the 1911. The OEM Meps on my Kimber Eclipse Pro II are dimming out. I thought of calling Kimber and possibly getting them replaced under warranty but honestly not very fond of the sight picture.

I'm thinking of the Henie LEDGE sights with straight eight configuration Trijicon vials. Anyone have of use these? My other choice are XS 24/7 Big Dots, which I have alot of experience with previous.

Yeah, finding myself carrying the big boy a little more in a MTAC IWB now that winter is here and concealing with a fleece vest and/or jacket is more and more the norm.

http://www.heinie.com/images/3555.jpg

http://www.heinie.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_26&products_id=180

Quack
11-27-2010, 17:50
i use a tritium front and 10-8 rear and just shot Lawdog's NN with Heinie Straight-8's i prefer either of those to a 3 dot setup.

another good option is the .156" notch 10-8 rear with an XS 24/7 front sight.

Boxerglocker
11-27-2010, 17:54
i use a tritium front and 10-8 rear and just shot Lawdog's NN with Heinie Straight-8's i prefer either of those to a 3 dot setup.

another good option is the .156" notch 10-8 rear with an XS 24/7 front sight.

Those are good option too. :dunno:

I'm leaning toward the LEDGE sights to facilitate one hand racking on a hard surface. I'm not really too fussed over either a 2 or 3 dot NS configuration. I normally use the front sight only for low light CQB stuff. I have my Glock 19 set up that way with a Tritium front sight only.

Quack
11-27-2010, 17:57
yep, i meant Ledge.

knedrgr
11-27-2010, 22:15

Didn't even notice his rear sight...was just concentrating on the front. LOL