New Sight Question/Opinion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Sight Question/Opinion

BirdKiller
11-27-2010, 22:06
Hey guys,
First post here, so let me do a short summary. I shoot a g34 in ipsc production, not LEO or military, just a civilian that likes to shoot.

Now to the point, I am looking at replacing my stock sights, was thinking Novak adjustable rear with Dawson .100 wide front .325 high. Can I get some opinions on the settup or the two parts individually?

I am not looking to make my Glock a "race gun" I want it to still be a combat gun, just that I shoot in competition.

Thanks,
BK

sandshark
11-27-2010, 22:41
I have the Warren/Sevigny competition rear and Dawson FO front on my G34. I love the combo.
The Dawson will be a .105 wide. I got the .215 tall front which shoots POA/POI.

BirdKiller
11-27-2010, 22:53
Thanks, I was saying .325 tall cause thats what the Novak website suggests.

Does that FO only come in the red?

sandshark
11-27-2010, 23:17
Comes with red installed but has green tubes included. I switched to the green.

ede
11-28-2010, 05:36
i've ran just about everyones adjustable rear on a glock and always come back to a Heinie fixed rear sight. have Bomar or BoMar style adjustables on my 1911s and 2011s plus Millet on my revolvers that look like BoMars but just don't like adjustables on a Glock. the Warren fixed sight is very popular, my guess would be maybe the most popular with people looking for a replacement. i like a Daswon FO front in red (green is suspose to be better for old eyes but I can't get use to the green) for run and gun games. For GSSF or NRA I use a solid AmeriGlo .090 front.

The only real way to know is to experiment with different sight combinations, or shoot other peoples gun and see what you like and what works for you.

BirdKiller
11-28-2010, 14:53
Thanks guys, I'm not a huge proponent of adjustable sights either, thats why I was looking at the novak, they seem pretty well protected.

Rman 585
11-28-2010, 15:10
I got these for my 34 and I am VERY HAPPY:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Dawson Adjustable Glock Sight Set
Qty: Price: $129.95 Shipping: $5.00
Dawson Adjustable Glock Sight Set:

http://www.cpwsa.com/dawson_precision.htm

BirdKiller
11-28-2010, 15:25
Can you do malfunction drills (one handed using sights) with those? they dont seem like they are "protected" like the Novak.

You can see the wings here http://www.novaksights.com/products/sights/models/glock.html

Rman 585
11-28-2010, 17:54
They are fine for me they are very durable and are protected enough.
the link you sent said not recommended for G34 or G35 the front sight will hang over cut out on slide......Be careful...

sandshark
11-28-2010, 18:15
They are fine for me they are very durable and are protected enough.
the link you sent said not recommended for G34 or G35 the front sight will hang over cut out on slide......Be careful...

I am not a fan of adjustable sights on a combat weapon wether raced or no. The Warren/Sevigny rear for me is the ticket.

The Dawson front has a couple things going for it in the G34 application that I like: the sight does not extend into the slide cutout, it fits perfectly actually. I also like the little "foot" that is machined into the base. Very sturdy. A little red locktite and GTG.
Of course the other great Dawson advantage it that they will keep sending you front sights until it hits where you want. I don't know anyone else doing this.

BirdKiller
11-28-2010, 22:15
Dawson will send out diff sights? That might be changing having a fixed rear.

Rman, I was looking at dawson front, Novak rear.

sandshark
11-29-2010, 10:06
Dawson will send out diff sights? That might be changing having a fixed rear.

Yep. Sealed the deal for me. Call and talk to them.
I however didn't need to use the service because they sent me the correct height the first time. I think by this time these guys have fit their front to every commercially available rear that is a major player, so they pretty much have the process down.