LE Glock--Steel Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LE Glock--Steel Sights

Alphonso
11-28-2010, 10:03
I picked up a LE Glock 17 (blue label, three mags) recently. I noticed that it has metal sights.

Do all LE models come with steel sights?

Noponer
11-28-2010, 10:30
I picked up a LE Glock 17 (blue label, three mags) recently. I noticed that it has metal sights.

Do all LE models come with steel sights?

No.

I have purchased couple of blue label guns from Ed's in Stockbridge, GA & both had standard plastic sights.

GlockGuyGip
11-28-2010, 10:36
I'm in the military so i get the privilege to purchase blue label Glocks :supergrin: and unfortunately i have yet to receive a blue label Glock with steel sights, think you just got lucky bud, congrats..

GlockGuyGip
11-28-2010, 10:39
Speaking of as i think about it, it seems like a darn good idea to make the LE/MIL (Blue Labels) Glocks to come with steel sights as a standard, makes sense don't it? Hmm..

Alphonso
11-28-2010, 11:37
Speaking of as i think about it, it seems like a darn good idea to make the LE/MIL (Blue Labels) Glocks to come with steel sights as a standard, makes sense don't it? Hmm..

Makes sense to me.

I have four Glocks. Three have steel sights and I see no rhyme or reason about why...

Bill Lumberg
11-28-2010, 11:44
They come with plastic or steel (night sights) as specificed by the purchasing agency. Glock sells LE glocks with either. Some agencies purchase with night sights from the factory, others install their own night sights after purchase.

SARDG
11-28-2010, 12:01
I thought that the first steel sight option from Glock (in price) was the Glock night sights (GNS) and that's why agencies frequently ordered those. I have 4 blue labels. Three came with plastic, one with GNS. (I've since replaced all the plastic with TruGlo TFOs).

LE would certainly benefit from steel so that they could rack the slide on a table edge - or whatever.

LT642
11-28-2010, 15:08
The only blue label LE/MIL Glock I have bought that had steel sights was a G19. It was a proof marked G19, that came into the country when there was a shortage of Glock pistols.