My perfect every day carry gun would be a Glock 19 with a Glock 26 grip. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My perfect every day carry gun would be a Glock 19 with a Glock 26 grip.

Fitch
11-28-2010, 11:47
I have and regularely carry either a Glock 19 or a Glock 26. I've frequently thought I'd really like a carry Glock that combined the barrel and slide of my Glock 19 with the grip of my Glock 26. The longer barrel would not be a concealment problem, in fact it might make the gun easier to conceal by better controlling the grip and holding it in position close to the body. The barrel wouldn't be too long to be managable with the slightly shorter grip, especially if something like the +0 Pierce Grip extension was used on the magazine. I know from experience that the shorter grip on the G26 is much better for summer carry - doesn't matter much in the winter.

What I'd like is to have is the equivelant of a Glock 26 grip on my Glock 19, or a grip modification to my Glock 19 that would essentially convert it to be the same size as be usable with Glock 26 magazines and the pinky finger magazine extension.

Is something like this possible?

I've thought about buying another Glock 19, doing some careful layout and setup, then putting the grip in my milling machine and machining it so that a Glock 26 magazine would fit (I routinely chamber and re-barrel, and bed my rifles). Seems like the brute force approach, but I don't see why it wouldn't work, so I have to wonder if anybody has tried this?

Fitch

JR
12-19-2010, 17:44
Several grip reduction company's have been offering a G19 chopped to accept G26 mags. LWD did it for years. I even have a G21 frame chopped to accept G30 mags. Yes you can do it yourself (if you are handy). Call around & get a price, maybe its not worth your time?

Concealing a longer barrel is never an issue if you are going IWB

Adding a Pearce (or any other) finger grip extension to a G26 mag makes the OAL the same size as a G19. What do you hope to gain by doing that? Keep the 26 mag "as is" and your gun will be easier to conceal.