Glocktalk not working on Tapatalk [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glocktalk not working on Tapatalk

chris514scott
11-28-2010, 18:01
Does anyone know why Tapatalk has the following error when you try to log into glocktalk?

Forum Error
The forum you are visiting is temporarily closed, please try again later

It sucks not being able to use tapatalk for glocktalk

IndyGunFreak
11-28-2010, 18:16
GT was hacked via a bug in Tapatalk several months ago, and Eric disabled it, IIRC.

You can PM him for details.

IGF

boomhower
11-29-2010, 07:35
It's been made clear Tapatalk is not coming back. It sucks but if tapatalk is vulnerable to hacks then it doesn't need to. It's not worth the risk to the owners and members privacy.

chris514scott
11-29-2010, 10:22
cool thanks for the info. Just wondered why. Glad Eric is looking out for us

g29andy
11-29-2010, 14:48
Wonder if any of the other forums that allow Tapatalk have ongoing issues with hacking, or if it's been patched?

IndyGunFreak
11-29-2010, 18:15
Wonder if any of the other forums that allow Tapatalk have ongoing issues with hacking, or if it's been patched?

It might have been fixed(in fact, probably likely has been).. but I remember when this all happened, Eric was fairly irate w/ how Tapatalk handled the problem. He alerted them to it, then they began spamming his email box w/ apologies, etc.... I wish the thread was still available. I'm guessing his keyboard was smoking(or his ears were) as he was typing that message.

IGF

Weiser 878
12-26-2010, 22:41
Dammit!

I just bought tapatalk because of the good things I read about it here a few months ago, and now I can't use it on the only 2 damn forums I wanted it for :steamed:

IndyGunFreak
12-27-2010, 20:56
Dammit!

I just bought tapatalk because of the good things I read about it here a few months ago, and now I can't use it on the only 2 damn forums I wanted it for :steamed:

Sorry that happened Weiser..

Eric announced several months ago he was shutting down tapatalk access.

IGF

Weiser 878
12-27-2010, 22:55
Sorry that happened Weiser..

Eric announced several months ago he was shutting down tapatalk access.

IGF

I didn't see it because I didn't have the means to get the app then. I just remembered everyone here raving about it a while ago