$2100 for NIB TRS in Hard Chrome? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : $2100 for NIB TRS in Hard Chrome?

ajgranda
11-29-2010, 10:01
Hey guys,

I found a NIB new stock LB Hard Chromed 5" TRS. Dealer is asking $2100 shipped. Good price?

Thanks

Rinspeed
11-29-2010, 11:32
I doubt you will be able to do much better. John at Proload has some good prices so you might want to give him a call to check.

ajgranda
11-29-2010, 11:40
I doubt you will be able to do much better. John at Proload has some good prices so you might want to give him a call to check.

Thanks, he doesn't have any HC ones in stock and would need to order. I'm hearing it's taking upwards of 20 weeks.

gconan
11-29-2010, 11:49
I think that is a good price. I paid 2100 (tax included)for a TRS Comanchee 3 years ago.

PlasticGuy
11-29-2010, 12:17
That sounds good for one that's new in the box. I bought a lightly used chrome TRS a few months ago for $1450, and felt like I stole it. I love the elegant simplicity of the TRS, the hard chrome makes a great carry 1911 even more resistant to wear and corrosion, and it feels and shoots great. Go for it!

dakrat
11-29-2010, 21:53
thats about the going price for a HC TRS. $1800 TRS plus $300 hard chrome

ajgranda
11-30-2010, 08:37
Thanks for the replies. Do you guys feel its worth the extra $$ for the HC. This will be a rotating CCW. I've read the HC allows the gun to cycle smoother. :dunno:

gconan
11-30-2010, 09:31
I feel that the hard chrome is worth it, especially in the prevention of wear. I notice that on my blued gun's the bluing wearing off in the rails, barrel bed, ect. But on my chromed gun all the chrome is still there doing it's job. I wish all my guns were chromed.

PlasticGuy
11-30-2010, 10:47
Thanks for the replies. Do you guys feel its worth the extra $$ for the HC. This will be a rotating CCW. I've read the HC allows the gun to cycle smoother. :dunno:
I've never been a hard chrome fan, but my chrome TRS is changing my mind. It is smoother, more wear resistant, more corrosion resistant, and much easier to clean. You can just wipe all the carbon off without scrubbing or soaking.

I'd go with chrome again in a second for a carry pistol. It is everything they say it is.

glock2740
11-30-2010, 13:18
Do you guys feel its worth the extra $$ for the HC. :dunno:

:director: Damn straight! :thumbsup:

ajgranda
11-30-2010, 17:28
Thanks guys, only thing holding me back a bit is that it has front cocking serrations. Are they going to interfere (speed) with drawing my weapon from a leather holster? I've read they are some of the sharpest in the industry.

PlasticGuy
12-01-2010, 01:18
Thanks guys, only thing holding me back a bit is that it has front cocking serrations. Are they going to interfere (speed) with drawing my weapon from a leather holster? I've read they a some of the sharpest in the industry.
The answer is simple. Order yours without front serrations.

bac1023
12-01-2010, 07:27
Hey guys,

I found a NIB new stock LB Hard Chromed 5" TRS. Dealer is asking $2100 shipped. Good price?

Thanks

Seems like a good price to me for a hard chromed model. :)

ajgranda
12-01-2010, 08:32
The answer is simple. Order yours without front serrations.

Only problem with that is that I would be looking at a realistic 20+ week turn around time. :yuck: I've been reading of some guys having to wait 6 months on their custom ordered LBs.

nolt
12-01-2010, 08:41
the answer is NOT simple for any given person.

its plainly too subjective to be simple. it very well may be for PlasticGuy but i just dont see how it should be for everyone.

i would suspect that PlasticGuy is advising you that if you dont want or like FCS, and you buy a pistol out of instant-gratification impulse, that you very well might later regret not ordering it per your exact specs and waiting for it.

i agree with this in fact. if its a gun you will use/carry/shoot quite a bit then i would always regret not having it just right unless i just got a steal deal on it.

but i shouldnt presume to speak for him. he may in fact mean to state that FCS should not exist on any of these guns for any person. which would be a bit extreme to me. :supergrin:

PlasticGuy
12-01-2010, 11:12
Only problem with that is that I would be looking at a realistic 20+ week turn around time. :yuck: I've been reading of some guys having to wait 6 months on their custom ordered LBs.
I had to wait almost 4 months for my Ed Brown to arrive. It was well worth it. I could have gotten a similar one within a few days, but I'd have had to forever live with the fact that it wouldn't be quite the way I wanted it. Instead I waited a few months, and every time I pick it up I get the satisfaction of knowing that it's built exactly the way I want it.

If you know exactly what you want, and you can get it that way, I'd suggest doing it right. I think you'll be happier in the long run.

PlasticGuy
12-01-2010, 11:17
the answer is NOT simple for any given person.

its plainly too subjective to be simple. it very well may be for PlasticGuy but i just dont see how it should be for everyone...
If a person knows exactly what they want, it is available that way, and they have the money, most people are better off going that route. Just about everybody has regretted an impulse buy at some point. It's very rare for a person to regret being patient and getting exactly what they want.

And for the record, I don't care if they want it without forward serrations, with ivory grips. or with a "Hello Kitty" emblem on the side. If they know what will make them happy, that's the route they should take. Life's too short to be stuck with a gun that doesn't quite make you happy.

nolt
12-01-2010, 12:45
If a person knows exactly what they want, it is available that way, and they have the money, most people are better off going that route.

true true but the thing is though is that he doesnt seem to know "exactly what he wants."

Just about everybody has regretted an impulse buy at some point. It's very rare for a person to regret being patient and getting exactly what they want.

definately agreed

ajgranda
12-01-2010, 14:10
Hi, cosmetically I don't mind the way it looks, particularly with the hard chrome. My biggest concern is that it will tear up my holsters. I have heard though that HC makes the serrations a little smoother. Not sure if there is any truth to this though. Thanks

Gary1911A1
12-01-2010, 14:20

I don't have a TRS, but I did buy a Premier II and the finish hasn't held up well at all so I would say it's worth it. Plan on having mine Hard Chromed in the future and some extra work done by Baer before chroming it. That's a good price too.

nolt
12-01-2010, 15:36
Hi, cosmetically I don't mind the way it looks, particularly with the hard chrome. My biggest concern is that it will tear up my holsters. I have heard though that HC makes the serrations a little smoother. Not sure if there is any truth to this though. Thanks

what kind of holster?

the baer 30lpi fcs grinds up the inside of my VM2 a little bit but pretty much not at all on the summer special. the design of the summer special is pretty wicked with regards to FCS in general.

ajgranda
12-01-2010, 19:05
what kind of holster?

the baer 30lpi fcs grinds up the inside of my VM2 a little bit but pretty much not at all on the summer special. the design of the summer special is pretty wicked with regards to FCS in general.

A Bulman PDL IWB and a 5 shot CBS OWB holster. I'm also planning on changing the sights to a white outlined tritium Novak FS and 10-8 .156 all black rear U notch by the dealer/gunsmith. I can't see LB stock sights at all now that I'm about to hit the 50 mark. :whistling:

nolt
12-01-2010, 22:49
thats a great sight setup.
i have a XS white dot (not the big dot) on my monolith. its a little bit thicker than the standard novak white ring. its really really easy to pick up as well.

at some point i would like to put the white dot with a 10-8 .156 rear on my TRS.

Rinspeed
12-02-2010, 05:22
I think you're better off starting with a blued gun and chroming after you have a couple thousand rounds through it. Did you see this one.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1289709

ajgranda
12-02-2010, 07:54
I think you're better off starting with a blued gun and chroming after you have a couple thousand rounds through it. Did you see this one.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1289709

Thanks, but when I take into account the extra $$ it will cost me in the future to ship for HC and the fact that I need the sights upgraded now, it doesn't work for me. There are no good local gunsmiths around here that I would allow to even change gun sights.