New .22LR Pistol: Volquartsen V10-X [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New .22LR Pistol: Volquartsen V10-X

graycrait
11-30-2010, 06:50
If it proves out I'm thinking it might put a serious dent in both Texas High Standard and S&W 41 sales, of course it will be expensive, but maybe actually worth it.

I got this from Scott Volquartsen 29 Nov 2010:

We are just finishing up our first production run on these pistols. We are currently working with several writers so we can get some independent reviews done on this one. I can keep you posted as these become available if you would like. Scott

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/553-v-10-x

mixflip
11-30-2010, 10:21
I am sure it performs amazingly well being its made by Volquartsen but man that thing looks like I could make it in my garage? It looks like they laid the outline of a gun on top of a block of metal and cut it out. I know simple is good as long as it performs but I also like to see craftsmanship for my money.

vafish
11-30-2010, 15:34
I am sure it performs amazingly well being its made by Volquartsen but man that thing looks like I could make it in my garage? It looks like they laid the outline of a gun on top of a block of metal cut it out. I know simple is good as long as it performs but I also like to see craftsmanship for my money.

It doesn't look finished. It looks like they were working on a prototype, got it shooting well and stopped. It almost looks like a Hi-Point.

The 2nd one that pops up with the compensator and rails looks a bit better, but it still looks unfinished in the grip area.

GSSF17
11-30-2010, 19:20
......like a concrete block with a grip on it.

Whoa. Hope it's an amazing shooter, cause it's ugly as heck.

RedHaze
11-30-2010, 22:07
Certainly could be better looking. I'm still leaving the M41 on my list...

https://www.volquartsen.com/pictures/630x275/197-v-10-x.jpg

https://www.volquartsen.com/pictures/232-v-10-x-comp-model.jpg?size=800x300

snowcrash75
11-30-2010, 22:10
Oh God, it burns my eyes!! It's freekin awful!!

Messer
12-01-2010, 07:56
It will appeal to the folks that think cars like the Nissan Cube are good looking! :tongueout:

Then again, I thought the Glocks were ugly ducklings when they first came to the US, but I've grown to appreciate how well they work. I think if these are stunning performers, there will be people that embrace them.

Time will tell if they provide something that is missing in today's market.

L8r,
Bob S.

vafish
12-01-2010, 17:56
It will appeal to the folks that think cars like the Nissan Cube are good looking! :tongueout:

Then again, I thought the Glocks were ugly ducklings when they first came to the US, but I've grown to appreciate how well they work. I think if these are stunning performers, there will be people that embrace them.

Time will tell if they provide something that is missing in today's market.

L8r,
Bob S.

I drive a Scion Xb (the original body style) and it still doesn't appeal to me.

But like the Xb I would guess that the V10X's beauty is not in it's external looks but in how it performs it's job.

JFrame
12-01-2010, 18:02
I actually prefer the first configuration to the second one.

That second one looks like it's made out of Legos... :shocked:

GSSF17
12-02-2010, 07:20
That second one looks like it's made out of Legos... :shocked:

....or made by Kel-Tec. :rofl:

bac1023
12-02-2010, 11:10
Ugly, but interesting.

I just can't get myself to some big bucks on a rimfire.

I still don't even have a 41. :dunno:

mesteve2
12-07-2010, 12:38
I will bet that those are great shooters!

Just maybe they don't look cool, But they will blow far away anyother .22 lr pistol.

Have used their parts for years! Great parts. So, that gun is going to be even better!

Their parts would make a Ruger into a target gun!

vafish
12-07-2010, 16:32
I will bet that those are great shooters!

I don't think any of us are arguing that point. I can't imagine Volquartsen putting out a gun that doesn't shoot well.

I have their parts in my Ruger MKIII.

JFrame
12-07-2010, 16:35
I don't think any of us are arguing that point. I can't imagine Volquartsen putting out a gun that doesn't shoot well.

I have their parts in my Ruger MKIII.

I have a Volquartsen muzzle-weighted barrel on one of my 10/22's... :cool:

Ubetit
12-08-2010, 11:04
I like it but apparently i'm the only one