Glock 23 failure to feed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 23 failure to feed

Btk031
12-01-2010, 15:22
My problem is this, I have had multiple failure to feed incidents with all three mags. Sometimes the round gets partly in the chamber but gets stuck. Sometimes the bullet doesn't even leave the mag, the bullet tip get wedged against the inside front of the mag. Rounds seem to nose dive. They both occurred with 2 hand hold and one hand hold during slow fire. This has occurred w/ 5 other G23 w/ this set up at my agency. My set up is this, 2009 Glock 23, Insight tac light, Laser max recoil spring laser, #2 Glock mags w/ #8 followers x3, and a Hogue rubber grip.

I have shot G22 and G27 w/o any feeding problems. Most people want to blame limp wristing, no limp wristing. I stuck an old 2gen G22 mag spring in one of the G23 mags and still had the problem. I also removed the tac light, same problems. Glock is sending me 3 new 10 coil springs. My next test will be with the stock recoil spring. I tried to solve this one on my own but have had no luck. Has anyone heard of the FTF w/ tac light problems on the 23. I know it occurred w/ the 22. Also are there any problems with the laser spring?

JR
12-01-2010, 20:43
Unfortunately Glocks usual fix is to change parts until you get it to run. I would eliminate the mag question by using a current production mag. Also change the laser out for a factory recoil spring. If your ejector is short & bent (similar to 45) change it out to the current issue long & bent. Once you have proven the gun is reliable again, slowly introduce the old mags, laser and then light.