G-22 gen4 slide locked back full mag [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G-22 gen4 slide locked back full mag

glockisrock
12-02-2010, 13:29
hello all
today i went to the rang and after 100 rounds my slide started to lock back it was not F.T.F. because i released the slide and started shooting again and after couple rounds same thing slide locked back. i suspect that the spring on the slide lock is weak and with recoil from shooting the lever is jumping up enough to catch the slide because the lever when i look at it is not up all the way. does anyone have any other thought on what's going on or agree on the weak spring theory.

thank you for your time
Lou

js0ne
12-02-2010, 14:33
have you had the slide stop out recently?

glockisrock
12-02-2010, 15:01
have you had the slide stop out recently?

No i have not had slide stop out recently.

cyrsequipment
12-03-2010, 16:00
I think it is your grip, you're accidentally pushing the slide stop into place as you are shooting.

ChrisJn
12-03-2010, 16:50
hello all
today i went to the rang and after 100 rounds my slide started to lock back it was not F.T.F. because i released the slide and started shooting again and after couple rounds same thing slide locked back. i suspect that the spring on the slide lock is weak and with recoil from shooting the lever is jumping up enough to catch the slide because the lever when i look at it is not up all the way. does anyone have any other thought on what's going on or agree on the weak spring theory.

thank you for your time
Lou

When you take the slide off does the slide stop lever sit tightly against the frame under spring tension? In other words does the lever, if you raise it manually, snap back against the frame under spring tension?
If it does then I would suggest that the spring is ok and your problem is more probably as cyrsequipment says, it is more than likely your grip.

glockisrock
12-03-2010, 19:07
When you take the slide off does the slide stop lever sit tightly against the frame under spring tension? In other words does the lever, if you raise it manually, snap back against the frame under spring tension?
If it does then I would suggest that the spring is ok and your problem is more probably as cyrsequipment says, it is more than likely your grip.

Chrisjn, i had the G22 Gen4 since september and shot over 1,500 rounds thru it no issue until the other day as for my grip i made sure my hands did not get in the way. Iam suspecting that the slide stop lever spring is broke or came loose and maybe it is just weak and with recoil it just jumps up enough to catch the slide because when it does happen and i inspect it the lever is not fully up against the slide thats why i posted in gunsmithing. any thoughts on my theory.

thank you for your time

ChrisJn
12-03-2010, 20:31
Chrisjn, i had the G22 Gen4 since september and shot over 1,500 rounds thru it no issue until the other day as for my grip i made sure my hands did not get in the way. Iam suspecting that the slide stop lever spring is broke or came loose and maybe it is just weak and with recoil it just jumps up enough to catch the slide because when it does happen and i inspect it the lever is not fully up against the slide thats why i posted in gunsmithing. any thoughts on my theory.

thank you for your time

Ok, in view of what you say we can eliminate the grip problem.
The quickest way to test your theory about the spring is to replace the stop lever with a new one, part #SP02919. Find your nearest Glock armorer and I'm sure he'll be glad to replace it for you.My only other question would be to ask if you have taken out the pins at all and removed the trigger housing. If you have it is possible you have put the pins and slide stop lever back in the wrong order. This will cause the symptoms you describe above.

glockisrock
12-03-2010, 21:18
Ok, in view of what you say we can eliminate the grip problem.
The quickest way to test your theory about the spring is to replace the stop lever with a new one, part #SP02919. Find your nearest Glock armorer and I'm sure he'll be glad to replace it for you.My only other question would be to ask if you have taken out the pins at all and removed the trigger housing. If you have it is possible you have put the pins back in the wrong order.

Tommorow which is Saturday iam bringing my gun to replace the slide stop lever to a Glock armorer as for your second question, no i did not do detail strip of the frame all i ever do is the basic strip to clean my gun and slide strip to clean the firing pin and the channels in the slide i hope that has nothing to do with it. also would you know if this could be major issue because i hope not love my gun and love glock iam planning on buying more after the holidays.

ChrisJn
12-03-2010, 21:36
Tommorow which is Saturday iam bringing my gun to replace the slide stop lever to a Glock armorer as for your second question, no i did not do detail strip of the frame all i ever do is the basic strip to clean my gun and slide strip to clean the firing pin and the channels in the slide i hope that has nothing to do with it. also would you know if this could be major issue because i hope not love my gun and love glock iam planning on buying more after the holidays.

No, what you have been doing so far would not cause the problem. I do believe your own first diagnosis is probably correct and you have a broken spring, a very rare occurrence, just bad luck I guess. It is not a major issue. I have three Gen 3s, a 22, 27, and 35, and over many years have never had a problem.
Good luck tomorrow.

glockisrock
12-03-2010, 22:17
No, what you have been doing so far would not cause the problem. I do believe your own first diagnosis is probably correct and you have a broken spring, a very rare occurrence, just bad luck I guess. It is not a major issue. I have three Gen 3s, a 22, 27, and 35, and over many years have never had a problem.
Good luck tomorrow.

Chrisjn, thank you for all your help as soon as i find out what the problem was i will let you know once again thank you.

glockisrock
12-04-2010, 16:56
Good luck tomorrow.

Hello Chrisjn, Today i went to gunsmith for my G-22 Gen4 and it was a weak spring on the slide stop lever, i shot over 200 rounds and all is good. I was so happy i went to the range twice today. Thanks for all your help yesterday. LOU