Commanche (4.25") vs. Gov't (5") [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Commanche (4.25") vs. Gov't (5")

wrx04
12-03-2010, 12:40
I just mailed a check to george today to order my Les Baer SRP commanche, but i'm having second thoughts about the 4.25" model. I initially thought the 4.25" would allow me to carry it easier, but now i'm not so sure. The frame is the same size and weight is similar....and i will likely give up some reliability and accuracy.

Do any of you guys have advice for me? Do you prefer a 4.25" or 5" gun? I just dont want to spend this much on a gun and regret which model i chose. Let me know. Thanks.

Carrots
12-03-2010, 12:53
Most people here said Commander

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288104

Did you get a quote from Proload for your gun? The last time I spoke to George about a new Baer he said that he could not compete on price with proload and therefore sold very few of them.

glock2740
12-03-2010, 13:43
I'm a big commander fan. I think there's more issues with officer size 1911's than commanders.

cdunn
12-03-2010, 13:57
I prefer commanders, but if I was to get a Baer it would be full size,for that amount of money its not worth it to me to get a pistol that might or might not work.For brown ,wilson or Nighthawk I'd say commander.
Your only talking about .75 in, and alot more questions about function.I don't notice ant diff. in carry between 5" and 4.75".

MD357
12-03-2010, 14:06
There is little difference between the two with a good holster. Personally, I'd get the 5" over the commander because Baers in a "commander" size have the possibility of not being able to slingshot due to his specs.

wrx04
12-03-2010, 14:42
Most people here said Commander

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288104

Did you get a quote from Proload for your gun? The last time I spoke to George about a new Baer he said that he could not compete on price with proload and therefore sold very few of them.

Thanks for the link...i should have searched. Guess we really dont need this thead too much. I'm a little worried since you dont see too many Baer commander sized guns around....but i think im just gonnna give it a shot and see what happens.

cdunn
12-03-2010, 15:50
keep us posted!

willis68
12-03-2010, 17:36
I just mailed a check to george today to order my Les Baer SRP commanche, but i'm having second thoughts about the 4.25" model. I initially thought the 4.25" would allow me to carry it easier, but now i'm not so sure. The frame is the same size and weight is similar....and i will likely give up some reliability and accuracy.

Do any of you guys have advice for me? Do you prefer a 4.25" or 5" gun? I just dont want to spend this much on a gun and regret which model i chose. Let me know. Thanks.

Baer does not truly build a commander, therefore they can be prone to problems, if I were you I would go with the Government SRP without a doubt better to have second thoughts now than regrets after purchase

While I love Les Baer pistols, I would never buy one of his commanche models

HAIL CAESAR
12-03-2010, 19:46
If getting a Baer...get a 5 inch gun.