Warrant Officer School [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Officer School

.40 caliber
12-03-2010, 20:53
Just got back rom Fort Rucker after attending Warrant Officer School for the past 5 weeks. That was the most challenging thing I have done so far. But I made it, and I am officially a U.S. Army Warrant Officer.

The highlight was the trip we took to Andersonville, Ga. to visit the old Confederate prison camp and the national POW Museum. The guest speaker was a fellow by the name of William Robinson. He is the longest enlisted POW in the Armed Forces. He was a prisoner in Vietnam for 8 years. The stories he told us were just amazing. It was definitely something I will never forget.

Here is a picture of me, the one in the middle being sworn in.

DWARREN123
12-03-2010, 20:57
Congrats on becoming a Warrant Officer! :supergrin:
Good luck on your career.

robin303
12-10-2010, 13:33
Congrats :thumbsup:

AZ Husker
12-10-2010, 19:25
Best rank to have in the Army! No enlisted duties, and no command responsibilities.

nursetim
12-10-2010, 19:38
So are you a fly boy now?

emspilot1
12-10-2010, 19:59
Congratulations!
I received my Warrant on 7 Sep 69 and my wings the next day.
A couple of the more significant events in my life.

igor
12-10-2010, 21:12
ah mother rucker, the memories. your right about the best rank being a warrant off, i hsould have stayed a cw 2 and nor taken 1lt.
the joys of hovering, i really enjoyed learning that.
congrats and good luck to you

.40 caliber
12-12-2010, 13:13
Best rank to have in the Army! No enlisted duties, and no command responsibilities.

Amen to that brother. Now I just have to let the 1SG know that he is not dealing with PFC or SSG Turner anymore. He was my Platoon SGT back when I was a PVT. He thinks I still have to answer to him.

.40 caliber
12-12-2010, 13:15
Thanks for he congrats guys, I appreciate them.

By the way, does anyone have anything good or bad about Fort Hood. Thats where I am heading to be stationed. 1ST CAV, 4TH BCT. Hows the surrounding area for housing and entertainment. And how far is Houston?

G26ster
12-12-2010, 13:39
Congratulations!
I received my Warrant on 7 Sep 69 and my wings the next day.
A couple of the more significant events in my life.

emspilot1 - When were you a Ghost Rider? I was a Redskin (D Co, 158th Avn Bn) '69 - '70.

robin303
12-12-2010, 20:41
Thanks for he congrats guys, I appreciate them.

By the way, does anyone have anything good or bad about Fort Hood. Thats where I am heading to be stationed. 1ST CAV, 4TH BCT. Hows the surrounding area for housing and entertainment. And how far is Houston?

Ft Hood. My friend it is never hot or dusty and no chiggers at all. Heck your just 1 hour to Austin and another 2.5 to 3 hrs to Houston. There is a lot of places around that area to live but there is a lot of places or areas that screw soldiers. I'm sure they will tell you when you get there.
Got out in 95 but live in Austin and buy you a beer if you come to town.
What is your job now.
1St Cav has one heck of a history.

.40 caliber
12-13-2010, 08:45
Ft Hood. My friend it is never hot or dusty and no chiggers at all. Heck your just 1 hour to Austin and another 2.5 to 3 hrs to Houston. There is a lot of places around that area to live but there is a lot of places or areas that screw soldiers. I'm sure they will tell you when you get there.
Got out in 95 but live in Austin and buy you a beer if you come to town.
What is your job now.
1St Cav has one heck of a history.

Thanks for the info on Ft. Hood. My job is an 880A. Mobility Warrant Officer.

AirCav
12-15-2010, 13:56
Just got back rom Fort Rucker after attending Warrant Officer School for the past 5 weeks. That was the most challenging thing I have done so far. But I made it, and I am officially a U.S. Army Warrant Officer.

The highlight was the trip we took to Andersonville, Ga. to visit the old Confederate prison camp and the national POW Museum. The guest speaker was a fellow by the name of William Robinson. He is the longest enlisted POW in the Armed Forces. He was a prisoner in Vietnam for 8 years. The stories he told us were just amazing. It was definitely something I will never forget.

Here is a picture of me, the one in the middle being sworn in.Congratulations, Chief! Well done.

As others have already said, best rank in the Army!