TRP in Safariland ALS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TRP in Safariland ALS

HomeLandPatriot
12-04-2010, 09:32
I put this question here because it is 1911 specific.

To anyone that carries a fullsize 1911 in a safariland with ALS, do you have about an 1/8" of play where the weapon locks up? My TRP is fully seated and isn't coming out of the holster, but I find I have the slightest bit of upward movement. Most noticeable when walking down steps or when im shifting a little more weight around than just walking. This is the 6378 version, giving it a test run for winter off duty carry.

Just wondering if this is normal or if I may have a slight problem with my holster. And yes, just to clarify, it is for the correct firearm.

Thanks

silversport
12-04-2010, 10:46
on those Safariland holsters (I carried the similar but older SLS) there is a slight upward "play" to it...I was told that in a struggle, if you apply upward pressure to the pistol in the holster it is locked...give it a try (with an unloaded gun of course ;) )...then when YOU want it out...push down ever so slightly and operate the holster like you normally would...I think there should be some adjustments you can make (with the allen wrench/key) that might snug it up a bit...you have the holster for the TRP without the light rail (if that's what you have)...
Bill