series 70 redo, i think [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : series 70 redo, i think

woodrowNC
12-04-2010, 09:15
about a year ago, i purchased an original series 70 colt. it appeared to have been carried daily as it has telltale signs of holster wear. of course it had the idiot scratch. it also appears to have never been detail stripped. anyway, i had a cath procedure and then shipped it off to colt the same day. basic work, refinish, action job, ck'd front strap, flat mainspring hsg. the thing is i was still under anesthesia. no telling what i ordered. might come back hard chromed! gonna do a before and after like samuse did.

bac1023
12-04-2010, 09:29
Interesting :dunno:

Quack
12-04-2010, 09:37
well at least it's better than drunk gunsmithing :animlol:

woodrowNC
12-04-2010, 09:40
Interesting :dunno:

well, the good thing is, if i remember correctly, it only added up to around $700 dollars. uh, if i remember correctly.

bac1023
12-04-2010, 09:41
well, the good thing is, if i remember correctly, it only added up to around $700 dollars. uh, if i remember correctly.

Well, at least the damage can't be too bad. ;)

woodrowNC
12-04-2010, 09:42
well at least it's better than drunk gunsmithing :animlol:

uh, i think i've done that too. :rofl:

bluelineman
12-04-2010, 13:15
I have a friend that used to order crap off the tv when he was drunk. :rofl:

woodrowNC
12-04-2010, 13:25
I have a friend that used to order crap off the tv when he was drunk. :rofl:

i think the worst i've ever done was detail strip a bhp with a good buzz on. took me two days to get it back together. i would have been lost without J B Wood. that was my last expierence with guns and alcohol.

samuse
12-04-2010, 13:42
I was still hammered from the night before when I sent my G.I. off. :uglylol:

The original idea was just a trigger job, dehorn, install my barrel and safety, and Mil-Spec sights, you know, "sights you can see, a trigger you can manage and a dehorn"?

This oughta be good!

woodrowNC
12-04-2010, 13:50
I was still hammered from the night before when I sent my G.I. off. :uglylol:

The original idea was just a trigger job, dehorn, install my barrel and safety, and Mil-Spec sights, you know, "sights you can see, a trigger you can manage and a dehorn"?

This oughta be good!

yeah, but look what you got. drunk or no, you obviously made some good choices. :cool: