SIG C3 customizing? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SIG C3 customizing?

infiniti0505
12-04-2010, 12:07
I recently purchased a brand new Sig C3 and I would like to customize the gun perfectly for my needs and comfort. I'm fairly new to the 1911 world and I would like to have some input on customizing this pistol. What mods are most common and most beneficial? I would like to replace the grips first with some more aggressive grips. What grips do you guys use on your 1911's? Then I would like to have a smoother trigger pull also. Any other advice? Also are there any good books on 1911 customization? I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but you have to start somewhere.
Also this pistol will be mostly for range use, but also for home defense.
Thank you in advance!

Quack
12-04-2010, 13:11
Jerry Kuhnhausen 1911 Workshop Manual Vol.1

grips, i prefer full checkered Cocobolo grips from Ahrends.
other good grips can be had by VZ and Larry Davidson

trigger job is just a few stones and a jig away. i use the Ed Brown sear jig.

woodrowNC
12-04-2010, 13:17
Jerry Kuhnhausen 1911 Workshop Manual Vol.1

grips, i prefer full checkered Cocobolo grips from Ahrends.
other good grips can be had by VZ and Larry Davidson

trigger job is just a few stones and a jig away. i use the Ed Brown sear jig.

thanks quack for reminding me that i've wanted the kuhnhausen manual for 20 yrs +. just came in the mail 2 days ago. no way you can read that and not learn something. learn alot that is. but i got vol 11. they were sold out of vol 1. need it too i guess.

custom2
12-05-2010, 18:53
" I recently purchased a brand new Sig C3 and I would like to customize the gun perfectly for my needs and comfort."

YOU need to figure out what YOUR needs are before you change anything. Why do you need a trigger job? They come from the factory with EGW sears with the primary and secondary angles are pre-cut and the hammer hooks are mated to the sear by hand. Trigger pull is usually around 4.5 pounds from the factory.

Your gun is a series 80 design and there is usually a little roughness during trigger take up due to the firing pin safety spring.

What's wrong with the way it came?