DW Exposed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DW Exposed

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 12:31
Many have asked this question, never found an answer. DW claims they are made in the U.S.A., not that matters to me where they are made, but the origin of their frames, slides, barrels...is unknown.

I wouldn't care if they were made in Brazil, Turkey, U.S.A. ... as long as I knew upfront! I believe all other manufactureres will tell you where their parts come from, why so much secrecy from DW? Makes me wonder!

Wade-19
12-04-2010, 12:33
So what did you expose ?

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 12:39
So what did you expose ?

Waiting on someone to answer these questions! You own DWs right, do you know who made your slide, frame, barrel - where did they come from?

Whoever know these answers could be kind enough to expose them to the public! DW will not answer them!

Sarge43
12-04-2010, 12:40
There are people who know, and these people have personally assured me that they are USA made, so I trust that. I'm not really sure why the secrecy about it though. These questions seem to come up about once a year, and then fade away again until next year. There seems to be a lot of "I'll tell you, but no one can know I told you" when it comes to stuff like this. Proprietary secrecy - fun for some, frustrating as all get out for others. :upeyes:
Sarge

MD357
12-04-2010, 12:44
Keep us posted. I'll be on the edge of my seat......

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 12:46
There are people who know, and these people have personally assured me that they are USA made, so I trust that. I'm not really sure why the secrecy about it though. These questions seem to come up about once a year, and then fade away again until next year. There seems to be a lot of "I'll tell you, but no one can know I told you" when it comes to stuff like this. Proprietary secrecy - fun for some, frustrating as all get out for others. :upeyes:
Sarge

Sarge, I always appreciate your comments. They are always helpful AND respectful!

I will take they are made in the USA, but the proprietary secrecy smells fishy to me. How many manufactures of 1911 frames, slides, barrels are in the USA. There must be a reason they don't want to disclose that, and that reason would probably be something that would lower their value in the market, otherwise they would probably proudly speak up and market to their advantage.

Hokie1911
12-04-2010, 12:48

:laughing:

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 12:48
Double post.

4TS&W
12-04-2010, 12:49
Here's the proof.. DW should really be ashamed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ

Quack
12-04-2010, 12:51
the secrecy is what is the "Duty Treatment" finish?

Hokie1911
12-04-2010, 12:54

Yeah, don't call it Teni... oh, nevermind. :whistling:

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 12:57

Very true! DW Marketing Strategy - This is really good and we will charge you more for these changes but you don't really need to know anything about what you are getting - just trust us!

Drestin Black
12-04-2010, 13:10
Dan Wesson frames and slides are made by remsport, as are fusion, nighthawk and many others. The guy at remsport has overrun frames without the msh pin drilled that were going to be wessons.

He said the forgings come from Korea and remsport machines them. He also said they supply to 85% of the builders, mostly semi custom and high end.

I have dealt with John, a pleasure to deal with. Call him and he will tell you where they come from.

Remsport Mfg
566 Holyoke Street
Ludlow, MA 01056
413 589 9976

He stated this to me on the phone also:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/110377-new-on-1911-block-Desert-Eagle-1911?p=1571377&viewfull=1#post1571377

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=203780016

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 13:35
Dan Wesson frames and slides are made by remsport, as are fusion, nighthawk and many others. The guy at remsport has overrun frames without the msh pin drilled that were going to be wessons.

He said the forgings come from Korea and remsport machines them. He also said they supply to 85% of the builders, mostly semi custom and high end.

I have dealt with John, a pleasure to deal with. Call him and he will tell you where they come from.

Remsport Mfg
566 Holyoke Street
Ludlow, MA 01056
413 589 9976

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/110377-new-on-1911-block-Desert-Eagle-1911?p=1571377&viewfull=1#post1571377

Thanks for the info. How about the barrels?

Korea, wow!

Drestin Black
12-04-2010, 13:57
THAT I could not tell you. I do know remsport makes their own barrels and John is pushing this same combo that fusion has:

http://www.fusionfirearms.com/servlet/the-368/1911-Colt-pistol%2C-officers/Detail

I would guess that wesson also uses remsport barrels, but I am not certain. They appear to be machined to fit this slide and frame, not hand fitted. I bet if you ask him if the same company with the bobtails also use his barrels he would tell you. Para could use them also, I do think remsport puts put good stuff. It's probably the best kept secret out there (among end users), they sell to so many places they don't even need a website.

bac1023
12-04-2010, 13:58

:rofl::rofl:

DRAGON1970
12-04-2010, 16:19
Many have asked this question, never found an answer. DW claims they are made in the U.S.A., not that matters to me where they are made, but the origin of their frames, slides, barrels...is unknown.

I wouldn't care if they were made in Brazil, Turkey, U.S.A. ... as long as I knew upfront! I believe all other manufactureres will tell you where their parts come from, why so much secrecy from DW? Makes me wonder!

Be careful. You are going to stir up the "Cotep" guys and they will never let you in their club. No membership card, secret decoder ring, treehouse access...etc.

Drestin Black
12-04-2010, 16:27
Be careful. You are going to stir up the "Cotep" guys and they never let you in their club. No membership card, secret decoder ring, treehouse access...etc.

LMAO, Don't forget about the secret cotep "reach around".

.......... and I thought I was the only one laughing at this grade school crap.

HAIL CAESAR
12-04-2010, 16:30

Remsport Mfg
566 Holyoke Street
Ludlow, MA 01056
413 589 9976

Drestin Black is correct.

I will add that it is up to the individual company to spec how they want ( or to what quality standards) that the company wants there frames and slides from Remsport. I found this out when dealing with the Fusion Fiasco.

Some companies spec a much higher quality standard. Some take ..........

DRAGON1970
12-04-2010, 16:44

Nope you are not alone. I always have a good laugh when I see the "clubs" on here.

Drestin Black
12-04-2010, 17:48
Drestin Black is correct.

I will add that it is up to the individual company to spec how they want ( or to what quality standards) that the company wants there frames and slides from Remsport. I found this out when dealing with the Fusion Fiasco.

Some companies spec a much higher quality standard. Some take ..........

Yes, but they are machined from the same forgings from korea. So in that regard the quality is the same. The difference is in how they are ordered machined, you can order them from remsport with the cocking serrations, sight cuts, ribbed tops, just like they have them done.

Just like getting them from caspian, same quality just different serration, etc. options. Plus remsport has forged frames also.

HAIL CAESAR
12-04-2010, 18:09
Yes, but they are machined from the same forgings from korea. So in that regard the quality is the same. The difference is in how they are ordered machined, you can order them from remsport with the cocking serrations, sight cuts, ribbed tops, just like they have them done.

Just like getting them from caspian, same quality just different serration, etc. options. Plus remsport has forged frames also.

Yes that is what I meant. But I tried ( and failed miserably) to express that some companies order over sized rails, and undersized holes. Then the shops totally finish to their spec's.

And some just order drop in, plug and play.

Plus each buyer sets the standards on quality. Some only take no flaws...some are fine with flaws.

Drestin Black
12-04-2010, 18:38
Yes that is what I meant. But I tried ( and failed miserably) to express that some companies order over sized rails, and undersized holes. Then the shops totally finish to their spec's.

And some just order drop in, plug and play.

Plus each buyer sets the standards on quality. Some only take no flaws...some are fine with flaws.

Yep, you can order from remsport pretty much either way. I would prefer to lap the frames myself though.

DW at least used to have the space between the tangs on the frame for the grip safety overcut to make it easier to assemble, the same with the trigger channel so they did not have to fit the trigger. They just slid right in, you could see the triggers were never filed or stoned. I don't know if they still do it or not.

HAIL CAESAR
12-04-2010, 19:37
Yep, you can order from remsport pretty much either way. I would prefer to lap the frames myself though.

DW at least used to have the space between the tangs on the frame for the grip safety overcut to make it easier to assemble, the same with the trigger channel so they did not have to fit the trigger. They just slid right in, you could see the triggers were never filed or stoned. I don't know if they still do it or not.

Yes you are right. The new "Valor" line is much better than the old CBOB fitment. As it damn well be for the new price.

Also Fusion accepts flaws like this.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/Fusionchamber.jpg

.45Super-Man
12-04-2010, 19:39
Their frames were Essex in the early days and then S&W became the vendor. That came from the DW forum, so dont quote me.

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 20:19
Now we have the "secret out." I wonder if there is any mark inside of the DW frames, deep inside of the stock somewhere saying "Made in Korea." :rofl:

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 20:23

Oh man, do you think I am not going to be able to get a COTEP membership now? :yawn:

Goldendog Redux
12-04-2010, 20:27
Here's the proof.. DW should really be ashamed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ

Sweet version! I watched the whole thing

Quack
12-04-2010, 20:28
Oh man, do you think I am not going to be able to get a COTEP membership now? :yawn:

i made a comment on one of the "COTEP Karma giveaway" threads that i wasn't a member of COTEP. i got a PM asking if i wanted a membership card. i declined :rofl:

HAIL CAESAR
12-04-2010, 20:30
Now we have the "secret out." I wonder if there is any mark inside of the DW frames, deep inside of the stock somewhere saying "Made in Korea." :rofl:

The secret has been out for a long time to people that know about 1911's.

The raw forgings are made in Korea. The forging is turned into a frame in the USA. Have you seen a raw forging?

Quack
12-04-2010, 20:35

The raw forgings are made in Korea. The forging is turned into a frame in the USA. Have you seen a raw forging?

for those that don't know what a raw forging looks like

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/tharmsen/Forums/guns/TRP/framenew.jpg

MD357
12-04-2010, 20:39

PlayboyPeng could knock that out with an emery cloth.

HAIL CAESAR
12-04-2010, 20:44
PlayboyPeng could knock that out with an emery cloth.

And a spit shine

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 20:47
So let me understand; the forgings come from Korea, remsports machine the frame, slide, barrel, do the fitting of these parts, send it to DW who installs the small parts and resales them to the end customer?

BEER
12-04-2010, 21:00
oh for the love of jesus's left ***!

does it really matter where the parts are made? does geography make the bad guy any less dead, or the bullseye any less punched? no i don't think it does.

i don't give a wet rat's fart if my pistol (1911 or otherwise) parts are made in the U.S. or in some ***hole pit by child laborers, so long as it performs it's function and get's me a little less dead than the other guy i'm good.

if you're one of those "buy american or buy nothing" types then get off your fat overpaid ass and tell our fellow americans to start putting pride and effort into american made products at a REASONABLE price and maybe we the people would start taking pride in american made products and pouring monet back into our own economy instead of into overseas crap holes.

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 21:01

Really? That makes Drestin Black the only one who knows about 1911s.

Not until this thread.

brzusa.1911
12-04-2010, 21:09

does it really matter where the parts are made? does geography make the bad guy any less dead, or the bullseye any less punched? no i don't think it does.

i don't give a wet rat's fart if my pistol (1911 or otherwise) parts are made in the U.S. or in some ***hole pit by child laborers, so long as it performs it's function and get's me a little less dead than the other guy i'm good.

if you're one of those "buy american or buy nothing" types then get off your fat overpaid ass and tell our fellow americans to start putting pride and effort into american made products at a REASONABLE price and maybe we the people would start taking pride in american made products and pouring monet back into our own economy instead of into overseas crap holes.

I do care what parts go into my pistols, not for the reasons you mentioned but for the money I am willing to spend and pride of ownership. I think SAs are awesome guns, material made in Brazil - but you can get a Custom one for the price DW sells it's production guns. RIA are good guns too, priced well for what you get.

Some parts and manufacturers are better than others, regardless where in the map they are located! I do want to know what I am paying for, especially when I am shelling out $1500+.

And, in response to your ridiculous comment - An American could not support a family on the same money a child is making to do the same job. Too much time reading guns forums and forgetting to read the news around the world.

MD357
12-04-2010, 21:13

Hey now... this was important. There's a conspiracy afoot.

BEER
12-04-2010, 21:53
lmao.

nevermind.

HAIL CAESAR
12-05-2010, 04:24
Have you seen a raw forging?
+

=

Not until this thread.

Exactly.

So let me understand; the forgings come from Korea, remsports machine the frame, slide, barrel, do the fitting of these parts, send it to DW who installs the small parts and resales them to the end customer?

Or maybe DW orders their slide and frames over/under and finish themselves. Like NH, Berryhill, and others. You tell us as you have never seen a raw forging, never built a 1911, don't work on them, new seen a new Valor line gun, never seen a Remsport slide and frame unfitted, never built one up from it or did any work.....

oh for the love of Jesus's left ***!

Let me offer to buy you a beer.

Hey now... this was important. There's a conspiracy afoot.

:rofl:
:wavey:

brzusa.1911
12-05-2010, 05:51
I want to be a COTEP :aodnsb: LMAO

They always sound so cool and knowledgeable, and their 1911s are the next best thing...wow COTEP, COTEP :aodnsb:

silversport
12-05-2010, 06:51
ugh...I had to look up COTEP...I just want a quality made anything...I'd like it to be made in the USA too but that can't be the be all and end all...competition for my money should be by building a quality anything first...
Bill

Wade-19
12-05-2010, 07:50
Not really sure why all this matters , but here's my take on it . You pay your money and you expect a quality product period.
Chuck Rogers (you may have heard of him) just finished these for me
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz153/Wade-19/5044386a.jpg
The stainless is a DW Heritage, the black one is a Springfield Mil-spec. Chuck told me that he had fond a few DWs lately and he is very impressed with the overall quality of them, mine included. The Springer on the other hand was a piece of crap ! The slide and barrel were not fit properly, the roll marks were poor, and the feed ramp on the frame was over cut. I don't care were it came from, if it's good enough fit Chuck, it's good enough for me.

brisk21
12-05-2010, 08:12

Exactly. Like the people sitting on their asian made computers typing away about ONLY buying "american" made products. Everyone needs to face the facts. We are globalized whether you like it or not. You can resist it or embrace it. I for one like to support Americans and local businesses when I can but Im not buying a Ruger over a Glock because of location of factories.

brzusa.1911
12-05-2010, 08:52
Not really sure why all this matters , but here's my take on it . You pay your money and you expect a quality product period.
Chuck Rogers (you may have heard of him) just finished these for me
[...]
The stainless is a DW Heritage, the black one is a Springfield Mil-spec. Chuck told me that he had fond a few DWs lately and he is very impressed with the overall quality of them, mine included. The Springer on the other hand was a piece of crap ! The slide and barrel were not fit properly, the roll marks were poor, and the feed ramp on the frame was over cut. I don't care were it came from, if it's good enough fit Chuck, it's good enough for me.

Yes, I've seen his work and it is some of the best of the breed. The only thing I am not a fan is the golf ball thing, but everything else he does is top notch.

As far as your Heritage, what year is it - 2009 and you paid $900 or so, 2010 for $1100-$1200? Great value out there - on my opinion is the price range where DW belongs, not at $1500+ price range.

And you are right about getting what you paid for with DW - I've seen, and experienced myself, customers receiving NIB with small blemishes (not marked as blemish guns), contacting DW to hear - "You didn't buy a $3000, that is what you get..."

Now let's see; you can get SAs loaded for under $1000, TRPs for $1300 or so...these have materials from Brazil, cost considerable less, have excellent CS - for life.

The bottom line is for me DW is out of their league and offer no value, for others they are the very best thing. At the end of the day it is one's own money.

Good to know their parts come from Korea, lots of people (who own DW) bash SA because the parts are from Brazil!

I also like my LBs hand fitted, with Kart barrels from factory, only a couple of hundred dollars more than DWs, and lifetime support.

Hokie1911
12-05-2010, 09:02
i made a comment on one of the "COTEP Karma giveaway" threads that i wasn't a member of COTEP. i got a PM asking if i wanted a membership card. i declined :rofl:

Did you inform them that you are not just the President of COTEFT...but you are also a client?

brzusa.1911
12-05-2010, 09:25
FWIW Nighthawk Custom, NHC, claims to use steel forged in the USA.

http://forum.m1911.org/archive/index.php/t-39822.html

I don't care if the gun, or it's parts, are made in the USA or not, as long as I know. But don't BS me saying your product is 100% made in the USA when it is not - that is disrespectful!

Way to go comparing DW to NHC and Berryhill :rofl:

I still know nothing about 1911s, but don't pretend either by building on other's comments :supergrin:

MD357
12-05-2010, 09:44
Yes, I've seen his work and it is some of the best of the breed. The only thing I am not a fan is the golf ball thing, but everything else he does is top notch.

As far as your Heritage, what year is it - 2009 and you paid $900 or so, 2010 for $1100-$1200? Great value out there - on my opinion is the price range where DW belongs, not at $1500+ price range.

And you are right about getting what you paid for with DW - I've seen, and experienced myself, customers receiving NIB with small blemishes (not marked as blemish guns), contacting DW to hear - "You didn't buy a $3000, that is what you get..."

Now let's see; you can get SAs loaded for under $1000, TRPs for $1300 or so...these have materials from Brazil, cost considerable less, have excellent CS - for life.

The bottom line is for me DW is out of their league and offer no value, for others they are the very best thing. At the end of the day it is one's own money.

Good to know their parts come from Korea, lots of people (who own DW) bash SA because the parts are from Brazil!

I also like my LBs hand fitted, with Kart barrels from factory, only a couple of hundred dollars more than DWs, and lifetime support.

I still know nothing about 1911s,

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

remat
12-05-2010, 09:51
FWIW Nighthawk Custom, NHC, claims to use steel forged in the USA.

If you are looking at NH ask them about their "bench fee" if you send a gun in under warranty.

I don't care if the gun, or it's parts, are made in the USA or not, as long as I know. But don't BS me saying your product is 100% made in the USA when it is not - that is disrespectful!

You should look at a S&W 1911! They have quite the line and are U.S. forged INHOUSE with world-class customer service.

Since we are exposing forgings, anybody know who forges Remington's new U.S.-made R1?

Quack
12-05-2010, 09:53
Since we are exposing forgings, anybody know who forges Remington's new U.S.-made R1?

it's a cast frame. no telling where it's from, but (if it's domestic) it could be Pine Tree

brzusa.1911
12-05-2010, 09:54
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

And some less capable just jump in on every thread with smart alec to appear funny - neither a fool nor the knowledgeable, just the funny guy - who needs to compensate for something by being funny or getting into personal attacks over the Internet :lol:

Sadly never anything constructive to show or share!

Rinspeed
12-05-2010, 10:15
:popcorn:

nolt
12-05-2010, 10:17
Yes you are right. The new "Valor" line is much better than the old CBOB fitment. As it damn well be for the new price.

Also Fusion accepts flaws like this.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/Fusionchamber.jpg

FWIW my DW RZ-10 looks almost that bad.

MD357
12-05-2010, 10:19
And some less capable just jump in on every thread with smart alec to appear funny - neither a fool nor the knowledgeable, just the funny guy!

This whole thread is pointless as some have already pointed out. Therefore, I'm going to be sarcastic. :cool: Much ado about nothing.

Now in terms of knowledge, I'm your huckleberry. I stand by my comment, the more you speak about DW, the more you look like you're ignorant about the logistics of these companies. You're trying to knock a company because the original steel MIGHT come from somewhere else? Either way, I don't pretend to know everything about 1911s but I know enough weed through the misinformation you're desperately trying to spread here.

Whether you like it or not, and no matter how much you whine and cry about fanboys, DW puts out a great product.

remat
12-05-2010, 10:29
it's a cast frame. no telling where it's from, but (if it's domestic) it could be Pine Tree

Oh, I didn't know that.
I doubt it is from Pine Tree though as they stopped short of saying the steel was cast in the U.S., but very quick to say it is machined in Ilion, NY. The answer I got was that it is "proprietary" info (which it is). I don't have a problem as long as it is quality made, but like the OP I like to know. Can't blame a person from being curious or asking.

Makes me respect S&W more.

Quack
12-05-2010, 10:44
it's a global economy, just as long as the product is good, it shouldn't matter where it comes from.

The company that i work for has "American" in the name, but now we have manufacturing in the US, Philippines, India, China, Denmark, etc and we are the leader in our industry which is now owned by a French company.

Hokie (sorry to bring you up again) had mentioned something about me driving a Subaru, but the fact is that my Subaru was made in Indiana. The same goes for other "foreign" automakers, a lot of them have manufacturing in the US now, so is it a US (built) car or still a Japanese car?

So the DW is "made" in NY, with Korean (Daewoo) forging, imported and machined by Remsport. DW is part of CZ-USA, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company, Ceska Zbrojovka a.s. Uhersky Brod, (CZUB) of the Czech Republic. So again, who cares there the frame comes from, it's still not a "US" company when you get down to it.

brzusa.1911
12-05-2010, 10:46
[...] I'm your huckleberry. [...]

Don't fool yourself, you are not. You are usually the ignore comment guy when I read other threads. Like you, others, feel the need to knock other members down by calling them stupid, ridiculous, not knowledgeable...I guess that is the way one can feel power :wow:

I appreciate jokes, guys like Hookie, Quack, Bac, Sarge, Rimspeed...to name a few among many here make nice jokes without ever getting personal, or giving directly blows at other members. This is a gift some are born with, sorry!

Hokie1911
12-05-2010, 10:49
That's only because I don't take internet forums seriously....well, that and I don't know jack about 1911s. :rofl:

Quack
12-05-2010, 10:51
I don't know jack about 1911s. :rofl:

the only person that know's EVERYTHING about the 1911 is JMB, everyone else has opinion's ;)

Drestin Black
12-05-2010, 10:56

Quite possibly, or even remsport. The DW overrun frames John is selling are the cast ones that wesson no longer uses. They are still using his forged ones, there are no overruns of them.

I posted the info on wesson's frames and slides for info, not as a belittlement, there are MANY using remsport stuff and the Korea forgings really do not bother me. I think remsport stuff is very good and I think many of the high end custom guys are using them.

Carrots
12-05-2010, 11:01
I am just waiting for one of you to point out to the OP that Baer also allegedly uses Korean steel.

Hokie1911
12-05-2010, 11:04
I personally would have no problems whatsoever with a Remsport set and may do a build with one sometime. If it's quality, I honestly could care less where it's made.

Drestin Black
12-05-2010, 11:08
I personally would have no problems whatsoever with a Remsport set and may do a build with one sometime. If it's quality, I honestly could care less where it's made.

I have used John's stuff and will continue to do so.

Drestin Black
12-05-2010, 11:13

Most raw forgings do not look like that, they do not look like a 1911 until machined.

That pic looks a lot like cast, I'm not going to argue that it is though as I am not certain. Investment cast has even more detail.

thecableguy
12-05-2010, 11:14
That's only because I don't know jack about 1911s. :rofl:

Understatement. I knew that when you spent money to pay your EB and bought some tupperware. :tongueout:

Quack
12-05-2010, 11:14
it's the only pic that i could find of a raw frame ;)

Quack
12-05-2010, 11:17
ok, found some pics of Wilson's raw frames (NOT Remsport) after surface grinding
http://i50.tinypic.com/71mp0m.jpg

and here's some RAW slides
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mwmqu.jpg

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=259822

MD357
12-05-2010, 11:18
Don't fool yourself, you are not. You are usually the ignore comment guy when I read other threads. Like you, others, feel the need to knock other members down by calling them stupid, ridiculous, not knowledgeable...I guess that is the way one can feel power

Geez.... don't get so upset, I just spend more time shooting 1911s than worrying about conspiracy theories online. This has nothing to do with "power." This is an internet forum about handguns. People can and will post ignorant things, speak out when they don't know all the facts, or more importantly spread internet lore. There's nothing wrong with calling them out instead of patting them on the head. Don't like it? I'm sorry. :grouphug:

Hate to break it to you but RELATIVE to other $1500 guns, Kimber, Springfield etc these guns are built REALLY well. I don't like the prices of these guns either, BUT I don't decide the market and it is what it is and more importantly, it doesn't take away from their quality. Dave Severns has posted VERY detailed comparisons if you need reference since I don't meet your buddy list standards. Seems someone posted that grandmaster Chuck gave them a bit of a nod aswell. Either way, as others have mentioned, who cares if it's quality? Does it work when I want it to? I actually shoot my 1911s instead of looking at them in the safe and wondering about the origin of it's parts down to the raw materials. In today's world it seems pointless and futile as Beer and Quack have pointed out.

Hokie1911
12-05-2010, 11:23
Understatement. I knew that when you spent money to pay your EB and bought some tupperware. :tongueout:

Spoken like a true jackass dipsh1t that doesn't know the details of the situation. Oh snap, I made that personal. :rofl:

Hey Manny... :moonie:

Quack
12-05-2010, 11:24
Spoken like a true jackass dipsh1t that doesn't know the details of the situation. Oh snap, I made that personal. :rofl:

Hey Manny... :moonie:

Did somebody say "The Situation"?

Here's the details :animlol:
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID20836/images/ex_mike_the_situation_abs(2).jpg

Hokie1911
12-05-2010, 11:28

Wow, I don't know what's more disturbing...that you referenced that *********, or posted a pic of him. :dunno:

Rinspeed
12-05-2010, 11:32

That's just wrong on many levels. :rofl:

Quack
12-05-2010, 11:35
That's just wrong on many levels. :rofl:

isn't it? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

MD357
12-05-2010, 11:37

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID20836/images/ex_mike_the_situation_abs(2).jpg

Back in the day, they had a prophecy that one day, there would be a pimp of all pimps, and his name would be The Situation.

Drestin Black
12-05-2010, 11:46
it's the only pic that i could find of a raw frame ;)

You are probably correct with it.

I know some DO provide forgings that are much more crude. Possibly the most crude ones are imported? Possibly so they do not have to label them as imported since they are not formed? Either way I don't mean to argue.

Here is a colt forging, courtesy m1911:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/1911auto/Coltframeforging.jpg

brzusa.1911
12-05-2010, 11:49
Gotta love the 1911 experts :rofl:

Read post #40 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16408043&postcount=40)

Now read posts #64 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16409517&postcount=64)

and #67 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16409541&postcount=67)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

thecableguy
12-05-2010, 11:51
Ok this thread went :aodnsb:. Thanks Quack

Drestin Black
12-05-2010, 11:56
It's really not stuff arguing over, either you like a brand or not. Everyone is different and unfortunately not everyone manages to get the same quality/support from any brand.

brzusa.1911
12-05-2010, 11:58
deleted by OP

HAIL CAESAR
12-05-2010, 15:40
I still know nothing about 1911s

:wavey:

MarkCO
12-05-2010, 16:15
This has gotten out of hand. Please stop the personal attacks!