Night sights and install costs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Night sights and install costs

beersngars
12-04-2010, 19:41
I did a search but did not find exactly what I was looking for. Any one have recent experience with having Glock install OE Glock night sights. I am looking for costs, turn around times and warranties. Trying to decide if it's worth it for me to buy a sight pusher and do my own or just have it done. I do like the Glock brand sights so I'm not looking for brand advice. TIA

Ranger45
12-04-2010, 20:28
Check around your local gun stores. One in my area held a "Glock Day" last July, and offered OE Glock night sights installed for $60. My brother-in-law and I had sets installed on our G21s. Maybe you can find a similar promotion if your patient.

hawkeye10
12-04-2010, 20:31
:cool: A gun store near me will install the sights free if you buy the sights from them. Don

jrh3
12-04-2010, 20:31
personally i would go with truglo tfo night sights and pay 30 bucks for install at a local gunsmith.

By far the tfo is the brightest night sight and to me it is the best JMHO

beersngars
12-04-2010, 20:41
Thanks for the replys. No gun shops around me that I would let install them. Right now I have 3 that need sights and most likley a few more in the future.

SARDG
12-04-2010, 20:49
You don't list your location (gee, I wish folks would do that...) but Glock will sell and install GNS for 57 bucks. Don't know how you'll get your slide to them - call Glock for details.

As for TFOs... which you are not looking for... I have TruGLo TFOs on 3 (competition) Glocks - soon to be four. The fiber obtics (TFO) are extremely bright with any kind of stray daylight or overhead ambient light and target acquisition is fast (for me, anyway). I don't think the Tritium part (TFO) is any brighter than any other night sight however; though it is very good. The big advantage of TFOs is the daylight picture IMHO - and that's where we all do most of our shooting.

If you were down the block from me, I'd install TFOs for you for nothing - but alas, I don't know where you are...

Brian Lee
12-04-2010, 20:57
Anyone who has the proper tool - and I mean a good, proper tool, and not a flimsy one like Glock sells - can install night sights so fast that I don't think there's much justification in charging hardly anything for installation if they bought the sights from you. It can be done in only a few minutes with absolutely NO risk of scratches unless your tools are bad.

I just bought my own MGW tool & did it myself because it's really all about the tools, and there's no skill required at all if you have them. A monkey can do it.

beersngars
12-04-2010, 21:06
MGW is the tool I will buy if I go that route. Not tring to be cheap, but if I can get Glock to install GNS's for 57 bucks..... I havent seen them near that price except OMB and they only have the large frame model. If all 3 slides were shipped togather, it just might be a no-brainer.

SARDG
12-04-2010, 21:20
Anyone who has the proper tool - and I mean a good, proper tool, and not a flimsy one like Glock sells - can install night sights so fast... ... it's really all about the tools...
Agree with that for sure. If I ever need a tool to do a job, I just go out and buy it so I have it for the next job. I think the MGW model 309 will do Glock stock sights including GNS but the MGW 309S is required for flat-sided sights.

If I had 2 or 3 or 4 Glocks, I'd definetly get the pusher. Oh wait... I do have 2 or 3 or 4 or...

cderk
12-04-2010, 22:28
MGW is the tool I will buy if I go that route. Not tring to be cheap, but if I can get Glock to install GNS's for 57 bucks..... I havent seen them near that price except OMB and they only have the large frame model. If all 3 slides were shipped togather, it just might be a no-brainer.

Where are you located?

beersngars
12-04-2010, 22:31
Where are you located?

Canton Ohio

Gwizzle
12-04-2010, 22:34
If you get XS Big Dots they come with tools and good instructions. I don't consider myself a very mechanical person but it was quite easy to install them myself.

SARDG
12-04-2010, 22:45
If you get XS Big Dots...
OP said he's looking for GNS.

JLui83
12-04-2010, 22:47
I bought my Nightsights on Ebay! Truglo TFOs, tritium and fiber optics... Had them installed at local range for $25.. I love them!

Gwizzle
12-05-2010, 15:16
OP said he's looking for GNS.

He did indeed... I'll read more carefully next time I'm late-night-glocktalking.

Glockwork Orange
12-13-2010, 16:08
Any one have recent experience with having Glock install OE Glock night sights. I am looking for costs, turn around times

If ur close, u can drop in and they'll do 'em on the spot for free...