Anything else better for $700? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anything else better for $700?

JMFWSU
12-05-2010, 23:38
OK, thanks to all the help I received in my last post, I think I'm going with the Range Officer over the Loaded. But first, I just wanted to ask if there is anything else out there I should be considering in the same price range.

Thanks again,

Jason

bac1023
12-06-2010, 03:50
Kimber Custom II
Smith & Wesson SW1911
STI Spartan
Desert Eagle

samuse
12-06-2010, 05:49
I'd go with the RO over anything in it's pricerange.

It outclasses everything in it's class and would be a suitable base gun if you wanted to have it built later on.

No firing pin safety
No hideous rollmarks
Forged frame
No front cocking serrations
Good warranty and customer service.

silversport
12-06-2010, 06:23
bac1023 gave you the list...I've never had an issue with my Kimber Custom II even before the custom work...I'll bet you'll enjoy the Range Officer too...good luck and of course...pics when you get whatever you get...
Bill

Hokie1911
12-06-2010, 07:36
I'd go with the RO, and add the Harrison rear, unless you want an adjustable rear. Solid base gun. Great warranty. Great CS should you ever need it.

http://shop.harrisoncustom.com/category/53-sights.aspx

JMFWSU
12-06-2010, 08:59
Thanks. I believe I have my answer.

JMFWSU
12-06-2010, 09:46
The only downfall to the RO that I can see is the stupid ILS, but I'm guessing that can be replaced easily.

Are the original adjustable sights low quality or unreliable? I've heard quite a few suggest replacing them out to fixed sights.

Nickpisp
12-06-2010, 12:30
The only downfall to the RO that I can see is the stupid ILS, but I'm guessing that can be replaced easily.

Are the original adjustable sights low quality or unreliable? I've heard quite a few suggest replacing them out to fixed sights.

So what's wrong with the ILS?

JMFWSU
12-06-2010, 13:07
Other than reading that most people dislike it and remove it, I'm not really sure.

knedrgr
12-06-2010, 13:27

It can be replaced with a few parts from Brownells.com. It's not that complicated to take the MSH apart.

I really don't see the point in adjustable sights, unless you're going to shoot competition. But then, I really don't see a benefit in them at all. I'm sure other shooters use them. I rather compensate for bullet drop, if I'm going to shoot at long distances.

Nickpisp
12-06-2010, 14:42
Other than reading that most people dislike it and remove it, I'm not really sure.

Don't worry about removing it. I'm pretty sure 90% of the people on forums that remove it do so because they read it was crap. Shoot it for a while and then decide.

m814
12-06-2010, 21:26
ILS has no drawback. The trigger can still be made good and crisp with it in place. Some just feel like any "safety modification" to a lethal object is stupid and have to remove it. I don't understand, but don't worry about the ILS. Not something that could cause a problem like some other inspired safety features on certain guns.
I am looking at trying to get two ROs myself, consecutively SN. One for me and one for my daughter. I was looking into ordering a couple of Colt's or something else until this model came along. I live in Ga and plan on sending them to John Harrison for golfballing and his rear sights. Probably get them hard chromed or Black Td too. I like the RO for what it is and all it is not.