Has anyone built a WII sensor bar for big TV's? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone built a WII sensor bar for big TV's?

JRS
12-06-2010, 05:47
Common net topic, but Nintendo F'ed up in many ways with the wii sensor bar. There is no calibration for distance from the screen, or for size of TV.

*SOME* games (light gun style) allow for calibration, but even then, it has it's limits.

I have a 55 inch TV, and am between 7 and 9 feet from it for wii stuff. Some games require that I lean back on the couch, some require that I sit closer. However, the distance thing is not my main concern. I'd simply like the ability to point the remote at the middle OF THE TV and have the cursor in the middle. This is especially true for shooting style games, but still the case in general. I'd rather look through the sights of the plastic guns I have than aim by trial and error of my crosshair/reticule movements.

You can adjust for above or below the tv, but it seems that nintendo thinks most people still have 27 inch tubes. I've read up on people building IR led's into the sides of the frame of the tv, but none allow you to sit as close as I do, as the remote can't see both sides at once unless you sit farther.

Anyone here found a decent solution??

de8212
12-07-2010, 13:44
Interesting topic.

But it would be nice because my 5 yr old keeps aiming the remote at the TV instead of the sensor bar and I have to keep reminding him.