Anyone ready to/ or want to order a Nighthawk?! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ready to/ or want to order a Nighthawk?!

rsxr22
12-06-2010, 18:20
Long story short, Im having a heck of a time getting my boss to start stocking Nighthawk. We are Wilson Master Dealers already and do extremely well with our sales because we price them out very well when comparing to some, but He doesnt have the same love for semi-customs as I. Not too long ago, I started a thread about ordering my Nighthawk, and Im ready to put the order in. If we can get 2 more guys on the bandwagon, we can put the order in and become preferred dealers without him having to spend a penny. Then once he sees them and their quality, I know he will order a few more. So basically Im looking for someone to help me out and in turn, you will be getting a smoking deal on a Nighthawk you may have wanted for awhile! If you guys are interested in pricing, shoot me a PM and I will get you some prices.

bac1023
12-06-2010, 18:27
Sounds like a nice deal for someone.

Unfortunately, I already have two. They're outstanding 1911s, but I always go for variety. :)

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
12-06-2010, 18:28
I almost went with them a couple of times, but found that I prefer Ed Brown

bac1023
12-06-2010, 18:35
I almost went with them a couple of times, but found that I prefer Ed Brown

They're both great.

Variety is the spice of life. ;)

rsxr22
12-06-2010, 19:04
I agree about variety! From what I have personally seen with the Predator and Enforcer, They seem to be some of the nicest feeling and looking ones out there! I believe the Supergrade is still better than anything NH is making, but there other models are higher quality then wilsons other models IMO. I love the EB KC but I have heard many bad things about their CS. Wilson's is top tier and from what I have seen with my conversations with a few guys at NH, there trying to immolate their neighbors which is a smart move!

drc767
12-06-2010, 19:04
I was all set to place an order to become a "Preferred Dealer" last week only to be informed the price sheet they gave me when I got set up this summer is no longer valid.....I was emailed the new price sheet with almost a 6% price increase.....I think I am going to pass for now. They are getting pretty damn expensive for a company that is starting to have some increase in unhappy customers. I am going to hold off for a while and see how this all pans out...

rsxr22
12-06-2010, 19:07
Sounds like a nice deal for someone.

Unfortunately, I already have two. They're outstanding 1911s, but I always go for variety. :)

Variety? NH has like 10 models, you only have 2 :tongueout:

glock2740
12-06-2010, 19:11
NH used to put out some of the best looking 1911's I've seen. Then Wilson started turning out something new, as well as some great looking stuff every week. Not to mention, some of NH's new guns really look just plain ass weird.

rsxr22
12-06-2010, 19:14
I was all set to place an order to become a "Preferred Dealer" last week only to be informed the price sheet they gave me when I got set up this summer is no longer valid.....I was emailed the new price sheet with almost a 6% price increase for the Preferred Program.....I think I am going to pass for now. They are getting pretty damn expensive for a company that is starting to have some increase in unhappy customers. I am going to hold off for a while and see how this all pans out...

Huh? Larry failed to mention any of that to me. I wonder if the price sheet i received today is updated. What date is on the top of your dealer sheet? I have read nothing about it and there prices have stayed the same on their website. What kind of negative things have you heard?? Everything I have seen, people have raved about them and once i saw and shot my buddies Enforcer last week I was set!! I was very surprised about how smooth the gun was when comparing to a WC. The WC's i have experience with are very tight when new and once you get about 1000-1500 rounds through them, they loosen up just a bit to make manipulation more comfortable. The NH was smooth right from the get go, and between 2 of my friends and I, we put 2k through it over the course of 2 days. My friend was home on leave, and he wanted to "break her in" good shortly before he had to go back to the sandbox for another 8 months. It felt completely the same!!!

Gdirty5
12-06-2010, 19:21
Ive been thinking about getting either the predator or the AAC/nighthawk 1911. Leaning towards the AAC version so I can use with it with my Ti-rant .45

rsxr22
12-06-2010, 20:09
The AAC is a sweet looking pistol!! If i had a supressor, I would definitely be opting for one of these.

Quack
12-06-2010, 20:10
not my cup of tea.

bac1023
12-06-2010, 21:05
Variety? NH has like 10 models, you only have 2 :tongueout:

:rofl::rofl:

bac1023
12-06-2010, 21:06
not my cup of tea.

Quack, I think its time for a Baer and a Nighthawk! :rofl:

awpk03s
12-06-2010, 21:17
The AAC is a sweet looking pistol!! If i had a supressor, I would definitely be opting for one of these.

A local shop around here has an AAC, it is pretty sweet.

bac1023
12-06-2010, 21:30
A local shop around here has an AAC, it is pretty sweet.

Its different. I'll give you that. :dunno:

GVFlyer
12-06-2010, 21:31
I agree about variety! From what I have personally seen with the Predator and Enforcer, They seem to be some of the nicest feeling and looking ones out there! I believe the Supergrade is still better than anything NH is making, but there other models are higher quality then wilsons other models IMO. I love the EB KC but I have heard many bad things about their CS. Wilson's is top tier and from what I have seen with my conversations with a few guys at NH, there trying to immolate their neighbors which is a smart move!

immolate:

1. to offer in sacrifice; especially : to kill as a sacrificial victim
2. to kill or destroy often by fire

:wow:

Thanks for the offer to save some bucks on a Nighthawk, but I'm concerned about the golf-balled, dimpled oddity trajectory they've launched themselves on recently, so I'll have to pass for now.

awpk03s
12-06-2010, 21:33
Its different. I'll give you that. :dunno:

I absolutely can't stomach the Knight Armament "thing" they have.

If I buy another semi-custom 1911 it will probably be an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, or a Guncrafter No-Name Commander.

bac1023
12-06-2010, 21:38
If I buy another semi-custom 1911 it will probably be an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, or a Guncrafter No-Name Commander.

Two great choices there. :cool:

lawdog734
12-06-2010, 21:40
I would love to get a predator III but can't swing one right now

Quack
12-06-2010, 21:43

How about an officer or rail?

Hokie1911
12-06-2010, 21:46

...and an Infinity? Damn you've got Don spending some kizash. :whistling:

bac1023
12-06-2010, 21:46
How about an officer or rail?

:faint:

bac1023
12-06-2010, 21:47
...and an Infinity? Damn you've got Don spending some kizash. :whistling:

:rofl:

No, no, the Infinity needs to come first. :)

rsxr22
12-06-2010, 22:13
immolate:

1. to offer in sacrifice; especially : to kill as a sacrificial victim
2. to kill or destroy often by fire

:wow:

Thanks for the offer to save some bucks on a Nighthawk, but I'm concerned about the golf-balled, dimpled oddity trajectory they've launched themselves on recently, so I'll have to pass for now.

Seems like my spell check wasnt working too good huh? I agree about the Knight's model, but those were limited run and I dont believe there even still making them. I could not STAND the pistol, but the rifle wasnt bad.

38 Super Fan
12-06-2010, 22:54
Variety is the spice of life. ;)
Says the guy whose 1911s are all the same caliber. :whistling:

bac1023
12-07-2010, 05:31
Says the guy whose 1911s are all the same caliber. :whistling:

:rofl:

True, but I do own a wide variety of calibers in other autos. :)