boar hunt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : boar hunt

jono446
12-06-2010, 21:22
Hey guys me and the family are thinking of going on a boar hunt and I am getting a new 1911 here soon and was thinking of taking it hunting. My question is, is the 45 acp+p enough to kill a boar? If it's not I don't want to take it of course. I'm not a big fan of hunting with too small calibers and wasn't sure if anyone here has done it successfully. Thanks guys

n0vember
12-07-2010, 03:19
My question is, is the 45 acp+p enough to kill a boar?

Small boar, at a range of 5-10 feet, in the head - yes, enough. everything else get something bigger.

noway
12-07-2010, 08:26
Small boar, at a range of 5-10 feet, in the head - yes, enough. everything else get something bigger.

ditto

You didn't say what type of hunt, but down here with bay/catch dogs and the time to literally walk up to a hog and place a very controlled shot, the 45acp does great.

if I was hunting stalking and without the aid of a dog, trap or other controlling items, I would selecting something designed for hunting and not on a 1911 platform.

jono446
12-07-2010, 13:15
ok cool thanks for the help guys I think i'll be using something a bit bigger if you have to get that close to it