What to do with a REALY broken shotgun? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a REALY broken shotgun?

Notallthere
12-07-2010, 04:16
My friend broke his shotgun. Not sure how, but the top of the frame is cracked badly enough to make it dangerous to use. I don't know what to tell him. Won't he get into trouble if he puts it in the trash for pickup? He would like to get a little money out of it if at all possible. I thought he could wait untill a buyback but that would just be dirty. Anyone have any thoughts? Hopefully a better idea than a nasty city buyback program.

-gunut-
12-07-2010, 06:44
What kind of shotgun is it? Contact the manufacturer.

Unistat
12-07-2010, 07:58
What kind of shotgun is it? Contact the manufacturer.

After this, if he is not satisfied, at the very least he can part it out. Take it to a gunsmith and see if the barrel is still good, stock & furniture, trigger assembly, magazine, etc. See if the gunsmith wants it for a parts gun.

vafish
12-07-2010, 16:09
If it's a Remington 1100 I could use some parts.

If the frame is cracked I'd strip the rest of the parts off the gun and throw the frame out. That is of course after contacting the manufacturer. They might fix it for free.

Notallthere
12-08-2010, 02:59
It's a Charls Daly made in Turkey. No gunsmiths around here, just rip off pawn shops. Everything but the frame is still good. It has an 18.5 inch barrel 5 round tube mag, black synthetic stock. It just pains me to see the poor thing sit there, especially since it has been replaced and Chris doesn't want it laying around.

B.Reid
12-08-2010, 09:25
Gun Parts Corp. will buy the parts.

Notallthere
12-09-2010, 00:16
Thanks! I will direct him there next time I get a chance to talk to him.

aippi
12-09-2010, 00:48
When you say frame, do you mean there is a crack in the reciever?

Notallthere
12-11-2010, 00:45
Yes exactly. The crack runs along the glare reducing lines on top.