$200 p95 worth it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : $200 p95 worth it?

Notallthere
12-07-2010, 04:26
My friend has a p95 for sale for $200. However, it is no longer a semiautomatic. Failure to extract on every round, the magazine falls out on every round as well. The last time we shot it I held the mag in and had to rack the slide after each shot. I was told that a previous owner had detail stripped it and had his dad put it back together. This guys dad is NOT a gunsmith. I have done some research on Ruger customer service and it seems to be promising. Would you pay $200 for such a thing?

Petrie
12-07-2010, 23:28
You can get a new stainless for $350. I have detail striped the slide on my p95 and it is easy to do. However, I talked to a gunsmith about doing the frame and he said, best not to because you almost need a special tool to do parts of it. I've read posts on Ruger forum.com where guys said they detail stripped the whole thing and put it back together, but they weren't real specific about how they did it. Unless you want a project and will enjoy fiddleing with it I'd pass. You could probable find a used one in working order for $250-275 if you really wanted a p95. You should sign up on Rugerforum.com and ask those guys some questions. I'm sure they could give you some good advice on the matter.

Notallthere
12-08-2010, 03:06
Thanks for the reply. I think it would be a project gun. I don't really salivate over the thought of a p95. They are nice, when they work. It might be fun fixen it, IF I can afford it.