Crank radio/flash light/cell phone chgr [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crank radio/flash light/cell phone chgr

glock33SIGLVR
12-07-2010, 18:24
Howdy yall. Which do you guys think is a better product...
"Ambient Weather WR-088 Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio, Flashlight, Cell Phone Charger" or the "Etón American Red Cross ARCFR160R Microlink Self-Powered AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio with Flashlight, Solar Power and Cell Phone Charger".
If anyone has one of these your opinion would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

ctaggart
12-07-2010, 23:54
Well, the WR-0888 runs on three AA rechargable batteries and it allows you to charge your device without cranking, so that would be my choice. Here's a fun little video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kipkay?blend=1&ob=4#p/search/7/Z_JI2Rvdzqs

Bilbo Bagins
12-15-2010, 09:39
I have that eton FR160 radio. Its does what I need, and I never had an issue with it. I used it twice for backpacking/camping and its pretty rock solid. However that Ambient Weather one interest me because of the option of using Wall outlet or car chargers to to charge it. Also I'm thinking that if it has AA rechargeable batteries as its power source, you can use regular AA batteries to operate it. Also you might be able to use it as a recharging station to recharge other AA rechargeable batteries for flashlights and other equipment.

The Eton has a unremovable battery and does not give you the option to charge it without using the crank or the built in solar panels.

glock33SIGLVR
12-18-2010, 16:48
I have that eton FR160 radio. Its does what I need, and I never had an issue with it. I used it twice for backpacking/camping and its pretty rock solid. However that Ambient Weather one interest me because of the option of using Wall outlet or car chargers to to charge it. Also I'm thinking that if it has AA rechargeable batteries as its power source, you can use regular AA batteries to operate it. Also you might be able to use it as a recharging station to recharge other AA rechargeable batteries for flashlights and other equipment.

The Eton has a unremovable battery and does not give you the option to charge it without using the crank or the built in solar panels.

Solid reply. Thank you my fellow hobbit!