Sling for heavy weapon (870) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sling for heavy weapon (870)

babarracing
12-07-2010, 20:11
what to do. I saw on some website some well known slign maker made a sling for a sorta heavy weapon. i.e. across torso muzzle down (Lefty). I want to know here to get a sling about 2" wide preferably padded. And I need to figure out how to attach said sling to a factory Remington "LEO" top folder. I keep four round in the top four holes held in with O'rings and I would like to continue this practice. I am just running into a mental block on this and am not familiar with modern sling attachment and manufacturers. would anyone help an old guy out. Shotgun slinging is just not my bailiwick. Thanks for any help you are willing to offer.:faint:

Victoriagotagun
12-07-2010, 21:42
Viking Tactics and Vickers Slings both have padded slings. With a top folder, I would use either a MI or GG&G rear sling attachment.

babarracing
12-07-2010, 23:22
Thank you so very much for the extremely helpful reply. I know who gg&g are but not MI, I will research them. are you thinking of putting rear sling attachment between top folder pistol grip and receiver? I know A LH or RH mount there won't clear receiver stock as it is deployed on top folder but maybe I'm jumping the gun here. I'll search them right now. Thanks again.:wavey: The vtac padded sling is awesome!

Victoriagotagun
12-08-2010, 09:26
Forgot about the top folder interfering. I think the next best thing is to look into the receiver mounted sling mounts by Mesa Tactical

babarracing
12-27-2010, 23:46
:wow: God bless ya "VGOTAGUN" your are an awsome resource that Mesa Tactical rear trigger pin replacement sling loop is just teh ticket for me!
Thank you so much for taking the time to inform an old geezer of a great solution!

Boxerglocker
12-28-2010, 00:01
:wow: God bless ya "VGOTAGUN" your are an awsome resource that Mesa Tactical rear trigger pin replacement sling loop is just teh ticket for me!
Thank you so much for taking the time to inform an old geezer of a great solution!

I'm running the Mesa Tactical sling mount to utilize the same sling on my 870 as I do for my M4 carbine a Magpul MS2.
One thing I am a little leary bout is because I also have the sidesaddle, the provided screws on the left side is a little shorter than I would like. I'm going to get another slightly longer one from a local speciality hardware store when I get a chance.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=210048&d=1293498790

Victoriagotagun
12-28-2010, 21:50

Your welcome....glad I could help. :supergrin: