20lb recoil spring [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 20lb recoil spring

cgarrett
12-08-2010, 14:47
I have a g21 with a storm lake barrel, so that I may shoot lead bullets. I cast my own bullets and shoot a 250 grain bullet. I have a stainless steel guide rod in which I entend to exchange the 17lb recooil spring for a 20lb recoil spring. So that I may reduce muzzle flip, to get back on target quicker. I shoot in bowling pin competitions so quickness/speed of target aquasition is very important. I shoot the 250 grain bullet, to knock the bowling pin completely off the table. My question is will a 20lb spring reduce the muzzle flip. In another post I was told to try a 15 lb spring. That line of thought does not make sense to me a 20lb spring would seem to reduce muzzle flip instead of the 15lb spring.

JR
12-18-2010, 16:18
Your factory recoil spring weight is 17lbs.

Springs are cheap, try several weights and adjust your load (or spring) to perform within the following parameters: Watch the ejection pattern of your brass. If the brass is flying out there 10 feet or more, increase the spring weight. If the brass is rolling off your knuckles, reduce the weight. Ideally you want the brass to land 3 to 4 feet away in a nice round pile.