gaming forum [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gaming forum

RWBlue
12-08-2010, 22:01
Now that I have the new computer (windows7), even though I am not a gamer, I have been thinking about picking up a few games.

The only thing I play right now is MS flight simulator X I bought a couple years ago. It didn't run very well on the old computer, but run GREAT on the new computer.

The idea is, the computer is new, the new games should work with it.

Now I am looking for a:
1. Some combat flight simulators WWI, WWII, Modern
2. First person shooter, WWII, Modern, something different. Since I will not be playing these much right now, going head to head against strangers online would be ok, but not really what I am looking for.
3. Team tactics maybe?

So...
What gamer forum would you suggest?
Anyone here recommend a game?
Anyone want to unrecommend a game?

thanks

zackwatt
12-08-2010, 22:24
Play ALL the Half-Life games if you never have!!!

kc8ykd
12-08-2010, 22:24
wings of prey is a nice ww2 sim, lots of planes to choose from and you can dial it up from arcade to fsx as far as controlling the aircraft.

tom clancy's h.a.w.x. and h.a.w.x. 2 are pretty decent (but fairly arcade-ish) modern sims.

il-2 is a good ww-2 sim as well, as is lock on modern air combat for modern stuff. both have free addon planes. il-2 has a counterpart named pacific fighters.

also, falcon 4.0 is a good (free) f-16 sim.

i don't play online games, so i can't recommend any of them, but for single player stuff you might check out:

games with solid single player:
fallout 3 w/addons
fallout new vegas w/addons
far cry 2
just cause 2
swat 4 w/addons
s.t.a.l.k.e.r. series
silent hunter 3, 4 & 5 (sub sims if you're into that)
mass effect 1 & 2 are fun, lots of dlc
and older naval battle sim, Dangerous Waters
bioshock 1 & 2
classic, battlefield 1942 w/addons
armed assault w/addons
arma 2 w/ addons
t-72 balkans -tank sim

also, i thought apache assault was going to be more realistic, flight model-wise, than it turned out to be, none the less, it's been something to do for the last few hours...

i don't really participate in any game forums at all, so i don't have any to recommend.