one pistol permit left [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : one pistol permit left

woodrowNC
12-09-2010, 00:38
can't decide if i should get a new pistol, or use the money for the gi in sa's custom shop. there's a series 70 commander on gunbroker that has me lusting ever so slightly. just thinking on the keyboard.

plus, how do you remove a pic from a post? i've screwed up a thread with 2 side by side.

manly
12-09-2010, 00:40
your limited to the number of pistols you can buy?????:wow:

woodrowNC
12-09-2010, 00:58
your limited to the number of pistols you can buy?????:wow:

only if want to be legal.

manly
12-09-2010, 01:06
what the number you can have.....wow......i cant believe in NC.......

woodrowNC
12-09-2010, 01:09

you're really not going to believe this....3 in a 12 month period. you can get 1 a month in Mass. unbelievable.

manly
12-09-2010, 01:38
you can get as many a day as you want in TEXAS!!!!!!!!!

Just the atf visits you if you buy 2 or more in 5 days to make sure you have them in your posession.....

last year there were a few times i bought 2 on the same day ....never got the visit though....:couch:

private sales unlimited

seamaster
12-09-2010, 01:39
you're really not going to believe this....3 in a 12 month period. you can get 1 a month in Mass. unbelievable.

1 new handgun a month in California but private party transfers for used guns can be as many as you want.

I don't know what 1911's you already have but the Springfield GI is realy nice looking imo. I had a mil spec that I sold because I prefered the cleaner slide with fewer stampings.

But it's hard to resist a 70 series Colt. Earlier in the year I found a custom 70 series made be Jim Hoag way back in 1978, tightest best shooting 1911 I've ever experienced.

paul45
12-09-2010, 01:56
That would be the Sheriff in your county, woodrowNC, making those rules.

I don't have that rule in my county.

NC has gone downhill badly since I moved here in '88. If only people in NC would stop voting for Democrats.

drc767
12-09-2010, 06:54

NC has gone downhill badly since I moved here in '88. If only people in NC would stop voting for Asshats.

Fixed it for you......Wow 3 pistols in a 12 month period? Damn, I bought that many last week. I would be in some serious trouble!!

bac1023
12-09-2010, 07:08

Wow, that sucks. :shocked:

bac1023
12-09-2010, 07:09
plus, how do you remove a pic from a post? i've screwed up a thread with 2 side by side.

Simply edit and delete them.

oldsoldier
12-09-2010, 07:35
Up to about 2-3 years ago we were required to get a pistol purchase permit from the sheriff in MO. We voted a bunch of gun loving republicans in and eliminated that requirement along with passing castle doctrine. I can buy all of them I want now on the NICS check.

woodrowNC
12-09-2010, 17:11

NC has gone downhill badly since I moved here in '88. If only people in NC would stop voting for Democrats.

got the official word from the law himself. it is a state law, but the sheriff can waive it or enforce it to the letter. cool.

Angry Fist
12-09-2010, 17:14
Up to about 2-3 years ago we were required to get a pistol purchase permit from the sheriff in MO. We voted a bunch of gun loving republicans in and eliminated that requirement along with passing castle doctrine. I can buy all of them I want now on the NICS check.
Hear hear! :cheers: No more $10 fee and 3 day wait, either.

vtec350
12-09-2010, 18:04

Yes our laws are bad here but they haven't passed the 1 gun per month.....yet! :steamed:

woodrowNC
12-09-2010, 18:42
Yes our laws are bad here but they haven't passed the 1 gun per month.....yet! :steamed:

thank god for small wonders, huh. sounds like you think they're going to.

glock2740
12-09-2010, 19:08
No comment. :whistling:

vtec350
12-09-2010, 19:16
thank god for small wonders, huh. sounds like you think they're going to.

Our Commie. Governor was trying to push this a while back.I'm sure it's on his agenda since his re-election last month. :2gun:

gconan
12-09-2010, 19:22
got the official word from the law himself. it is a state law, but the sheriff can waive it or enforce it to the letter. cool.

Perhaps I have misunderstood you, but in NC even without a CCW I can get 5 in one week, then go back the next week and get 5 more, ect, ect. That is 5 per week. Now get your CCW and you can get unlimited numbers. That is the Law it's self. I don't know your county, but get your CCW and bypass your Sheriff altogether. Then the only thing that limits you is cash. The sky is the limit in NC, thanks be to God.

mr.scott
12-09-2010, 20:41
you can get as many a day as you want in TEXAS!!!!!!!!!

Just the atf visits you if you buy 2 or more in 5 days to make sure you have them in your posession.....

last year there were a few times i bought 2 on the same day ....never got the visit though....:couch:

private sales unlimited
I've bought more than 2 guns in 5 days and haven't heard **** from the ATF. Infact, the ATF shouldn't know how many guns you buy. IF you fill out a 4473, the FBI would know, but they aren't supposed to share the info. The ATF would only know if the audited a gun shop you bought guns at.
ATF knocks on your door tell them to come back with a warrant.

thecableguy
12-09-2010, 20:47
I've bought more than 2 guns in 5 days and haven't heard **** from the ATF. Infact, the ATF shouldn't know how many guns you buy. IF you fill out a 4473, the FBI would know, but they aren't supposed to share the info. The ATF would only know if the audited a gun shop you bought guns at.

:agree:

bac1023
12-09-2010, 21:09
:shocked:

Thank God I live in PA.

TACC GLOCK
12-09-2010, 21:22
Don't have any of those crazy problems in Florida either.

Either of those is a good choice.

tx787
12-09-2010, 21:25
If you purchase more than one handgun within 5 days from the same dealer anywhere in the US the ATF and your local law enforcement agency are notified and given your personal information and the make, model, caliber and serial # of what you bought. Try buying two FiveseveNs anywhere near the border, that'll guarantee a knock on your door.

gconan
12-09-2010, 21:25

You are mistaken. Your local gun shop, no matter where you live in the USA must inform the ATF if you purchase 2 or more hand guns per week from the same shop. It is NOT illegal to purchase more, and there is nothing wrong with it. But if the ATF suspects someone is buying for felons then they may check the person out. Again, there is nothing wrong with purchasing as many as you want, but 2 or more hand guns per week from the same shop gets reported whether your shop informs you about it or not.

housecat
12-10-2010, 01:35

In Wake County you can get five permits at the time, as may times as you want to apply. That has been the rule ever since I began applying for permits, even under Democratic sheriffs. However, when I asked about a class III permit, our REPUBLICAN sheriff said no, and he would not even discuss why. He has been in office for 9 years, and one of his deputies said he has issued one class III permit. He didn't say who it was for, so I assumed it was a crony of the sheriff.

paul45
12-10-2010, 06:18

Plus, if you would get your CCW, you would resolve ALL your permit restrictions.

paul45
12-10-2010, 06:20
In Wake County you can get five permits at the time, as may times as you want to apply. That has been the rule ever since I began applying for permits, even under Democratic sheriffs. However, when I asked about a class III permit, our REPUBLICAN sheriff said no, and he would not even discuss why. He has been in office for 9 years, and one of his deputies said he has issued one class III permit. He didn't say who it was for, so I assumed it was a crony of the sheriff.

County Sheriffs have a lot of power regarding permits. Of course, a CCW solves everything.

Cobra64
12-11-2010, 00:19
only if want to be legal.

Why not get a Concealed Carry Weapons permit?

Cobra64
12-11-2010, 00:38
:shocked:

Thank God I live in PA.

Brian, with my North Carolina CCW, I can buy as many guns as I want on any given day, week, month, year.

In my opinion, anyone who anticipates even the remotest possibility of ever having to use a pistol for defensive purposes should get a CCW.

Furthermore, not only am I an NRA Life Member, but am also an NRA Chief Range Safety Office, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and am in the process of becoming an NRA Certified Rifle Instructor and an NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor.

Karen asked me if I'm going for an RPG Instructor Certification. :supergrin:

woodrowNC
12-11-2010, 02:07
Plus, if you would get your CCW, you would resolve ALL your permit restrictions.

Why not get a Concealed Carry Weapons permit?

of course you're both right. doesn't make any sense to worry about being legal one way and then being illegal another way for 30+ yrs. both me and the wife took the course 4/5 yrs ago, just never followed up. i work at a Marine Corp air base so i can't carry during most of the day, and i live out in the country where it really doesn't create an issue.

but i guess it's best to be legal.

ejs54
12-15-2010, 02:47

Out of curiosity (since I almost walked out with 2 guns) I asked one of my local retailers what their limits are in terms of sales. I was told 24 firearms per visit. Actually that 2nd one would have been my first 1911 as long as we're on the subject. Still holding out for the one I really want that they didn't have.

ctfireman
12-15-2010, 06:41
Wow that's rough. No limit here in CT, i believe the ffl has to fill out an extra form if a buyer buys more than one in the same week from the same ffl but that's about it.