Where to find a Ithaca Featherlight 37 barrel? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a Ithaca Featherlight 37 barrel?

infiniti0505
12-10-2010, 13:43
I have a model 37 that was gifted to me by my father. I would like to find another barrel I could cut down to 18.5". Im looking to spend under $100. Does anyone have any ideas where to find a extra replacement barrel?

El_Ron1
12-10-2010, 23:17
Guns made after serial number 855,000 are capable of changing barrels. Before that, an extra barrel will require fitting. Ithaca (the "new" Ithaca) was providing a service where they'd mutilate your old gun for a new barrel, but your old barrel would no longer fit after they removed the old threads and re-threaded your receiver for an adapter.

So hopefully you've got a post 1963ish gun. :cool:

infiniti0505
12-11-2010, 20:38
Guns made after serial number 855,000 are capable of changing barrels. Before that, an extra barrel will require fitting. Ithaca (the "new" Ithaca) was providing a service where they'd mutilate your old gun for a new barrel, but your old barrel would no longer fit after they removed the old threads and re-threaded your receiver for an adapter.

So hopefully you've got a post 1963ish gun. :cool:

Thank you for all the info! I looked up the serial # and my gun was made between 1970-71. Where would I find one of these barrel? I see some online for 150ish, but at that price I might as well get a Mossberg 500.

El_Ron1
12-12-2010, 00:45
I'd watch the ads on gunbroker, gunsamerica etc., and place a few WTB ads on some of the busier forums. It won't be real easy to find, but there's a spare out there somewhere.

ETA: On the other hand, due to the nature of the market, I'd also be on the lookout for a whole shotgun in decent shape. For $150 or so, you could get your donor barrel and a complete set of spares for the long haul. :supergrin: