Tula Primer Feedback? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tula Primer Feedback?

Colorado4Wheel
12-11-2010, 20:36
Anyone getting these yet and used a decent amount yet? Especially with a light weight Glock Striker? I use CCI now with no problems. I hated the Remmington I had so I am reluctant to try anything but CCI and Federal.

GioaJack
12-11-2010, 20:46
If they're actually the same as Wolf I haven't had any problem with either SP or LP. Have had 2 FTF's but they were both in Deak's Springfield and they were in the first hundred I had loaded on the 1050... I really think they were just high, wasn't use to the machine yet.

Other than those two, (they both fired on second strike) I haven't had any problems at all. Got 20K when someone had 'em for $18 per K. I'll buy 'em again at that price.

Jack

Hoser
12-11-2010, 21:02
No problems here with them or the Wolf.

But I am not using a striker fired pistol right now.

shotgunred
12-11-2010, 22:03
Grafs has CCI's on sale for less then tulas.

Boxerglocker
12-11-2010, 22:52
Grafs has CCI's on sale for less then tulas.

$109 for 5K not bad at all, but none in stock. The PV Tula sale included free shipping and Hazmat.

shotgunred
12-11-2010, 23:53
I managed to get 30k of them a few weeks ago so I am set.

Boxerglocker
12-12-2010, 00:08
I managed to get 30k of them a few weeks ago so I am set.

You got CCI's or the Tula's at $19 a K? I'm reluctant to buy more than 10K at a time right now. I have a feeling believe it of not prices are gonna come down even further.

dbarry
12-12-2010, 07:00
Other than those two, (they both fired on second strike) I haven't had any problems at all. Got 20K when someone had 'em for $18 per K. I'll buy 'em again at that price.

Jack - If $20/K is close enough (with free shipping and hazmat) - powder valley has special running right now. And you get to add add'l 40lbs of product on same order.

dudel
12-12-2010, 07:23
I have a feeling believe it of not prices ar gonna come down even further.

I'm with you. I've seen a $5/1000 drop in price over the last few months.

Plus the supply seems to be opening up (at least here). Some folks must have a boatload of expensive primers. No point paying higher prices on components that are coming down in price.

shotgunred
12-12-2010, 11:39
You got CCI's or the Tula's at $19 a K? I'm reluctant to buy more than 10K at a time right now. I have a feeling believe it of not prices ar gonna come down even further.

I got the CCI. Its ironic as I have 10K CCI on back order from PV for just under a year. I was going to give in and buy the tula but on the day I ordered I took a look around first and they were listed.

chris in va
12-12-2010, 23:44
I had problems with Wolf primers, definitely won't be buying them again. You have to seat them VERY hard before they go off reliably, and I just don't wish to save $5 for the added strain on my wrists.

Boxerglocker
12-13-2010, 01:36
I had problems with Wolf primers, definitely won't be buying them again. You have to seat them VERY hard before they go off reliably, and I just don't wish to save $5 for the added strain on my wrists.

I used 15K of Wolf SPP last year with very few issues... these days the saving is in excess to $10 a K.... that's a significant savings for training ammo for me at 2K a month. Yeah, they take a little more effort to seat but if seated properly they always go BANG!

gforester
12-13-2010, 08:15
I've used over 15K Wolf SP and LP primers in the last year. They all went BANG except for one.

ilgunguygt
12-13-2010, 12:05
I was one of the unfortunate ones that got ahold of the bad wolf SPP. I had at least a 10% failure rate on 5K primers. I'm hesitant to buy anything from them again.

GioaJack
12-13-2010, 12:10
I was one of the unfortunate ones that got ahold of the bad wolf SPP. I had at least a 10% failure rate on 5K primers. I'm hesitant to buy anything from them again.

You've had bad experiences on dates before, (getting stood-up, slapped, beat-up by a jealous boyfriend and all those restraining orders), that never stopped you from continuing to ask women out... why give up on primers? :whistling:

Jack

GioaJack
12-13-2010, 12:14
HEY LOOK... I HIT 5000 POSTS! What'da I win, what'da I win? A date with Heather Locklear... huh, huh, huh? :rock: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Jack

ilgunguygt
12-13-2010, 14:56
You've had bad experiences on dates before, (getting stood-up, slapped, beat-up by a jealous boyfriend and all those restraining orders), that never stopped you from continuing to ask women out... why give up on primers? :whistling:

Jack
This is true, at least they didnt do what the FCD did to me. By the time the divorce was over I was out 5K in lawyer fees!:crying:

squirreld
12-13-2010, 15:08
I'm with you. I've seen a $5/1000 drop in price over the last few months.

Plus the supply seems to be opening up (at least here). Some folks must have a boatload of expensive primers. No point paying higher prices on components that are coming down in price.

My question is,
will the prices keep coming down or is this the only settling that we are going to see over the next few months?

shotgunred
12-13-2010, 21:20
My question is,
will the prices keep coming down or is this the only settling that we are going to see over the next few months?

I expect the tula's to go up as the dollar is going down. I expect other brands to go down more.

squirreld
12-14-2010, 14:09
Makes sense.
The NON imported primers would have to come down a few more $'s/K to be a wash with the free hazmat and shipping charges PVI is currently offering.

I think I'll restock now.
:supergrin:

MoNsTeR
12-14-2010, 23:03
Wolf SP (2008 production) fail at a fairly consistent 1% in my Vanek-ized G34s. The newer Tula-branded units may work better, I don't know. The factory striker may also set them off perfectly.

They work perfectly in my STIs though.

shotgunred
12-15-2010, 05:58
HEY LOOK... I HIT 5000 POSTS! What'da I win, what'da I win? A date with Heather Locklear... huh, huh, huh? :rock: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Jack

That is what 1000 post in two months?
We are going to have to start callling you OKIE-JACK.:tongueout:

xdmikey
12-15-2010, 08:17
i have some wolfe but haven't tried them yet, but i guess i'd better.
i have had wonderful luck w/fiocchi, as well as remington, winchester and federal.

i think i'll be restocking if i can find the cash.

AJE
12-15-2010, 08:22
i have some wolfe but haven't tried them yet, but i guess i'd better.
i have had wonderful luck w/fiocchi, as well as remington, winchester and federal.

i think i'll be restocking if i can find the cash.

I must be watching too much CSPAN, I just put it on a credit card :dunno:

xdmikey
12-15-2010, 11:13
if it comes to that i might also.