EMP review 2 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : EMP review 2

brzusa.1911
12-12-2010, 11:14
EMP 9mm G10. First time to the range 150 rounds Federal 115gr FMJ not a single problem.

Second trip; 100 rounds of Federal 115gr FMJ, 50 of WWB 115gr FMJ, 30 HST 124gr +P JHP. Not a single failure of anykind.

Before taking to the range for the second time I removed the slide and gave two drops of FP-10 on each side of the rails. Back home I field stripped the pistol for cleaning, TW-25b grease on the rails, reassemble, inserted a magazine with one round of the HST 124gr JHP, released the slide and nose dive, tried again with another mag and another nose dive. Loaded a full mag and tried to load the round and nose dive - I said WTF, this gun was flawless at the range! Took the slide out and put two drops of FP-10 on both sides of the frame rails, reassembled the pistol, one round on the mag - perfect feeding. Loaded a full mag and hand cycled all rounds without problems. My conclusion is that the EMP does not like grease on the rails! I remember reading a thread on another forum about a Wilson 9mm that would not run with grease as well, but run 100% on oil. Well, from now on the EMP will run on oil only :supergrin:

MD357
12-12-2010, 12:05
My conclusion is that the EMP does not like grease on the rails! I've used Slide Glide (standard) on both my EMPs with no problems.

brzusa.1911
12-12-2010, 13:32
I've used Slide Glide (standard) on both my EMPs with no problems.

Maybe a different kind of grease. I found curious since I've been using this same procedure on all my 1911s, but that is the only thing I could see different from when going to the range and reassembling after cleaning. I don't mind at all, specially since it is cold now and I always go oil during the Winter.

Dandapani
12-12-2010, 13:40
Use oil over grease.

MD357
12-12-2010, 13:44
Maybe a different kind of grease. I found curious since I've been using this same procedure on all my 1911s, but that is the only thing I could see different from when going to the range and reassembling after cleaning. I don't mind at all, specially since it is cold now and I always go oil during the Winter.

To be specific I only use a light coat on the rails, oil everywhere else.