Which cell phone should I get? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which cell phone should I get?

GlockSupremacy
12-13-2010, 18:01
Right now i am looking at the LG Optimus S or the Samsung Transform. (android 2.2 vs. 2.1)

Why?? both are inexpensive (w/phone upgrade) and available on sprint, they are 3g, which is good enough for me.

The ability to watch a video or use pandora on my phone will rocket me out of the stone age. Also GPS will be awesome!

Btw, i have been using a Motorola moto q, which is slow and glitchie. Does not play video/pandora. IT does however get email every 15min...

Thanks guys!

GlockSupremacy
12-13-2010, 18:06
Oh, and having a calendar thats worth something will be nice, and used often.

Feel free to recommend something else if its inexpensive and works decent on 3g.

ETA: crap, no tethering on 2.1 :(

jswest86
12-14-2010, 12:10
I've heard a lot of good about the samsung phones there will be an android update eventually for them so I wouldn't worry about the OS difference. If it were me I would go the samsung route I'm not a big fan of LG products.

KSU_Glocker
12-14-2010, 12:58
Either way you go you can't lose. Android is amazing and the 2.1 will eventually be upgraded to 2.2. Also, as far as tethering on 2.1 goes there is an app called PDAnet that allows tethering. I use it almost everyday without any problem. I used it when I had a 2.1 device and after the 2.2 upgrade.

JimBianchi
12-14-2010, 13:05
I have a great cell phone, it receives AND sends calls and has a 5 day battery!

Samsung M610, less than $30 on ebay.

I like to keep it simple and cheap.....

grokdesigns
12-15-2010, 10:44
If you're willing to root, you can get tethering on pretty much any Android phone. I'm partial to HTC phones myself, so I'm not sure how much rooting/development has been done for Samsung or LG phones.

MySiK26
12-15-2010, 20:15
Since you are on the sprint (now) network, i say you get the evoooo.