Glock 36 - potential issue?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36 - potential issue??

jbclark187
12-14-2010, 18:03
Just picked up a G36 and have yet to shoot it, but had a few concerns about it.

#1 - The slide fits significantly looser than my G19. It has a good amount of wiggle at the muzzle end of the receiver. It's so loose that when sliding the upper back onto the frame, it's possible to "miss" the rear rails and have the upper receiver only half seated. I tried to reproduce this with my G19 and couldn't make it miss the rear rails if I tried.

#2 - Why dry firing the gun, just before the trigger breaks, the upper moves about 1mm to the left when looking down the sights. At first I thought I was crazy, but if I lightly cradled the muzzle end of the receiver and frame, you can actually feel this movement.

It does this with/without a magazine in. I went to another shop and checked out their display. It had less of the side to side play that mine does, but still exhibited the issue with the trigger break.

Any thoughts? Something to be concerned with before I put some rounds through it?

JR
12-16-2010, 20:59
Shoot the gun. If it is accurate.... GREAT. If not, sell it and move on to the next one. Now you know what to look for!

The Glock series pistol is well known for parts compatibility. You can take 100 complete pistols, disassemble them, mix up the parts and then reassemble 100 new guns. The odds are that eventually you are going to combine parts that are on the outer edge of their (secrete) allowed tolerance. This best describes the pistol you have in possession now.

BTW: The slide moves to the left because the raised angled edge of the trigger bar is pushing upward on the firing pin safety (located internally on the RH side of the slide). This movement would not be as pronounced if your slide rails were a little tighter.