FINALLY Shot my RIA Again [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY Shot my RIA Again

BayouGlocker
12-14-2010, 20:15
A while back, after much internal struggle I bought a RIA Tactical two tone model. Thanks everyone for helping this 1911 noob choose an excellent first 1911 to learn on, without investing a huge amount of cash if something bad happens to it.

Anyways, I shot a magazine through it, cleaned it, and put it in it's box, expecting to shoot more later.... A couple months passed and this never happened. Kept getting tied up in this or that....

So a couple days ago, it hit me how long it's been! So I get it out and start admiring the feel of the all steel gun and the two tone finish.... End up finally going out back and putting some rounds through it.

My first 5 rounds were 185 grain lead semi-wad cutters hand loaded by a gentleman in my church. It fed them flawlessly, and on top of that, 5 rounds punched a hole in paper less than an inch wide shooting Weaver stance at 5 yards! I'm a Glock guy, and I can barely put 5 rounds into the same hole with my every day carry gun!

I got very excited about that particular group.... Following rounds were Federal 230 grain ball, and my groups opened up. I blame getting excited, plus slightly more felt recoil. But mostly getting excited. If I can shoot a firearm that I have very little experience with this well.... I guess I just need to shoot it more and find out how well I'll be able to shoot it with more experience. :embarassed:

bac1023
12-14-2010, 20:22
Glad you like it.

They do take a little time to adjust to if you're so used to shooting Glocks.

rsxr22
12-14-2010, 20:27
congrats! They are a well made gun for the money

bac1023
12-14-2010, 20:41
congrats! They are a well made gun for the money

I feel that way about all the Filipino 1911s, actually, whether it be Armscor, Metro, or SAM.