New treatment for ADD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New treatment for ADD

liam_g
01-22-2003, 09:32
From a South Park episode ... it's a pretty sizeable download (about 2MB) if you're on a slow connection, so think before you click. But it's incredibly funny. And oh so true ...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/down/download.html?file=/media/video/404/sp404_sitdown.rm

Dogman
01-22-2003, 17:55
That is SO-O-O-O bad.

And SO-O-O-O right. Just like when I was growing up. SMACK! Sit down and shut up! (heh-heh-heh)

liam_g
01-22-2003, 22:36
Originally posted by Dogman
That is SO-O-O-O bad.

And SO-O-O-O right. Just like when I was growing up. SMACK! Sit down and shut up! (heh-heh-heh)

Yeah ... ;)

I mean, I'm sure that there are people with ADD. However, I think a ton of ADD diagnoses should be converted to diagnoses of 'abysmal parenting and no discipline'.

Regards,

wattajerk
01-23-2003, 22:38
'abysmal parenting and no discipline'

I am sure you are right on in some cases. However I didnt find out I was ADHD until 2 weeks ago. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but how come I had to wait until I was 52 years old to find out. I had to study like hell to avergae 90% on my grades. When I was a kid there were no ADD or ADHD diagnosis. We were just brats seeking attention. My 13 yr old daughter was also told she was ADHD. She diagnosed before me.

liam_g
01-24-2003, 00:34
Originally posted by wattajerk
'abysmal parenting and no discipline'

I am sure you are right on in some cases. However I didnt find out I was ADHD until 2 weeks ago. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but how come I had to wait until I was 52 years old to find out. I had to study like hell to avergae 90% on my grades. When I was a kid there were no ADD or ADHD diagnosis. We were just brats seeking attention. My 13 yr old daughter was also told she was ADHD. She diagnosed before me.

Hi there --

Sorry to hear about your and your daughter's ADHD. I certainly didn't mean to say, by posting this, that every diagnosis of ADD is wrong ...

Good luck dealing with this, and best wishes to you and your family.

Regards.

Wmarden
01-24-2003, 23:10
In a large number of cases it is PDD. Punishment Deficit Disorder.

I used to work with children at a mental hospital for a few months. Part of the reason I left is that I felt that I was not making enough of a difference. I had too many Heathens to herd around. But with some I felt if I had only one or two to work with, I could make a difference. I still want to make a difference, which is why I am trying to get into police work. You can have alot of influence as a police officer, use it properly and you can change the world for a few people.

It is amazing what a good environemnt can do for a child. My niece is living with me and my Mom. Well Mom does a good job of setting boundaries. Her grades have improved remarkably. She still gets loud and over excited at times, but Mom is there to gently correct her.