Glock 36 shoots high [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36 shoots high

Twodog
12-15-2010, 14:45
I just tried out my new G-36 today. Worked perfectly and I am very happy with it. The only problem is that I tended to shoot high and left. The left is my fault do to a bad wrist. I will blame the high part on the sights. I'd like to put a higher front night sight on which would lower the point of impact and be better for night carry anyway. I'm hitting about 6" high at 25'. So the question is, what height front sight should I order?

RayB
12-16-2010, 00:39
If you're a new shooter, there are a few things to remember...

- Watch that front sight all through the firing cycle.
- See each muzzle flash--otherwise you're blinking.
- Press--don't pull--the trigger with the end-pad of your finger.
- Fire from the trigger's reset position.

There's a bunch of other stuff too...

If you are new, put 500 rounds through it before addressing the sights.

--Ray

sr975j
12-16-2010, 00:41
like he said, if youre a new glock shooter, give it some time. it doesnt come perfectly right from the get go.

Sam

Twodog
12-16-2010, 16:30
Well thanks guys but I've been shooting for over 40 years. This is my fourth Glock. After measuring the target it is more like 4" high at 25 ft. I dug around my parts and came up with a 6.5mm rear sight to replace the 6.9 that came on it. That will probably do quite well for now ,anyways until I decide to change out the whole sight system. My G-19 was the same way. I had to go from the 6.5mm rear sight to a 6.1mm. Put it dead on the bull.

bentbiker
12-16-2010, 19:26
I dug around my parts and came up with a 6.5mm rear sight to replace the 6.9 that came on it.
To account for a 4" error at 25', you would have to lower the rear sight by 2.1mm. Your drop of .4mm won't do much. I'm guessing the problem is not with the sights, but maybe your sight picture or trigger control. Are you, by any chance, covering the target with the dot on the front sight, instead of putting the target on the top of the front blade?

RayB
12-16-2010, 23:38
Well thanks guys but I've been shooting for over 40 years. This is my fourth Glock. After measuring the target it is more like 4" high at 25 ft. I dug around my parts and came up with a 6.5mm rear sight to replace the 6.9 that came on it. That will probably do quite well for now ,anyways until I decide to change out the whole sight system. My G-19 was the same way. I had to go from the 6.5mm rear sight to a 6.1mm. Put it dead on the bull.

I kind of wondered with a join date of 1999... :headscratch:

Still, we have members that don't own Glocks, or are totally into rifles, etc. A Glock's a little different animal. :dunno:

I've taken friends shooting that own guns, but not Glocks, and they suck with them until they get used to the Glock trigger... :sigh:

FWIW, our G17, G19 and G21 were all sighted in just fine, right from the factory. I could routinely center-core (all tens and nines) a B27-Q HALF-SIZE target at 30-feet, using two magazines worth of ammo, with the stock sights, or with aftermarket sights on all three guns. :whistling:

So, with all due respect, and I mean that sincerely, I suspect it's you, and not the gun or its sights. ;)

Good luck! :wavey:

--Ray

RayB
12-16-2010, 23:40
To account for a 4" error at 25', you would have to lower the rear sight by 2.1mm. Your drop of .4mm won't do much. I'm guessing the problem is not with the sights, but maybe your sight picture or trigger control...

Great minds... :supergrin:

--Ray