Gatlinburg [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg

Sgt. Schultz
12-15-2010, 15:19
I am traveling to Gatlinburg soon for a few days with the family, I've researched the concealed carry laws of Tennessee and I have a couple of questions.

I've read that I can carry into any restaurant that serves alcohol unless posted ... my question is what qualifies as a legal sign?

Also I read on another board that the Ripley's Aquarium was posted but that they provided lock boxes for securing your pistol, can anyone confirm that this is true?

Any 'Gotcha!'s I should know about?

Any input would be appreciated!

Fallguy
12-16-2010, 10:20
A sign with the "Gun Buster" symbol (Circle and slash w/ gun in the middle) is a legal posting regardless of whether any words are with it or not.

If a sign with words only is used, is supposed to contain wording substantially similar to

"AS AUTHORIZED BY T.C.A. 39-17-1359, POSSESSION OF A WEAPON ON POSTED PROPERTY OR IN A POSTED BUILDING IS PROHIBITED AND IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE"

Substantially similar means is must contain: 1) The property is posted per TN law, 2) What is prohibited (firearms all weapons) and where (building, room, property) and 3) That possession is a criminal offense.

Can't answer about the aquarium and not really any "gothcas" I can think of.

Hope you have a great trip

Sgt. Schultz
12-16-2010, 14:40
Thanks for the info Fallguy!

Fallguy
12-16-2010, 17:15
No Problem

.....and your sig ling has one of my Top 10 best movie quotes ever....