Adding ghost ring sights to a 590? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Adding ghost ring sights to a 590?

WoodenPlank
12-16-2010, 22:11
For a few years now, I have had a Mossberg 590. It has the factory heat shield, standard (non-A1 barrel), and standard bead sight. I am seriously considering adding ghost ring sights to the shotgun. Mossberg sells a kit, labeled for the 590, for around $70. Has anyone had any experience with this sight kit, or with any similar upgrades?

Victoriagotagun
12-18-2010, 02:20
Have a friend that used that kit on a 500 years ago and its still going strong.

nastytrigger
12-18-2010, 11:58
I've thought about adding ghost sights, but probably easier to trade for a newer gun. Gunsmithing would be required for mounting the front sight. Drilling and tapping, silver solder. I'm disliking my 20" barrel now. Would like to get a 18.5", or less. I say "or less", but Indiana doesn't allow SBS's. SBR's yes, but no SBS's. I put a rail on top of my 590 and am putting a Primary Arms fake Aimpoint Micro on top.

B.Reid
12-18-2010, 12:28
For a few years now, I have had a Mossberg 590. It has the factory heat shield, standard (non-A1 barrel), and standard bead sight. I am seriously considering adding ghost ring sights to the shotgun. Mossberg sells a kit, labeled for the 590, for around $70. Has anyone had any experience with this sight kit, or with any similar upgrades?

I have the same gun as you. I ordered the Mossberg sight the rear sight just bolts on to the receiver the front sight needs to be soldered on, I had a gunsmith do it,