Carry holster for Ruger LCP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry holster for Ruger LCP

LadyDoc
12-19-2010, 08:34
Hi Ladies,

I recently acquired a Ruger LCP, as my G19 just won't work for carry purposes. I have a carry permit, but have not yet done so. Buying the LCP puts me one step closer to that purpose.

My aim here is to gather input from ladies who might carry this model. Gents, I appreciate your input, but your clothing allows for options that ladies' fashions do not.

I tried a couple pocket models at the gun show where I bought the LCP - the dealer graciously encouraged me to try a few models - but the pockets in ladies' jeans are just not roomy enough. I did try a Fobus paddle model which was pretty fairly concealed under my sweater - especially with my cell on the belt also blurring the print. It comes in black and also Breast Cancer Pink.

I don't want to purse-carry - I don't often carry a purse anyway - and I want the gun on my person, not under my chair or other places that it can disappear.

I think that an ankle holster would drive me batty.

That basically leaves me the paddle model or an IWB something.

Anybody have any input?

PAGLOCK23
12-19-2010, 08:48
I used a Blackhawk Size 3 pocket holster. I don't know how tight you wear your jeans but I can carry in my side or back pocket with this setup.

LadyDoc
12-19-2010, 11:08
I used a Blackhawk Size 3 pocket holster. I don't know how tight you wear your jeans but I can carry in my side or back pocket with this setup.

I don't know if you are a guy or a gal, but it's not the tightness of my jeans, but the depth of the pockets. This is true for virtually every women's jean I have ever owned. If I buy men's Carharts for deer camp, then the pockets extend halfway to my knees, but jeans designed for women have pockets I can only get half my hand into.

If you are a man, then you aren't understanding this problem. If you are gal, then I need to know what jeans you buy! :supergrin:

BEAR DOG
12-19-2010, 12:55
Take a look at,
Crossbreed mini-tuck +micro-clip tuckable IWB holsters.
Also look at Remora "clipless" IWB holster. (Yes they really do work)

Also you may want to check out this forum, Lots of good LCP info and friendly members.
www.elsiepeaforum.com (http://www.elsiepeaforum.com)

PAGLOCK23
12-19-2010, 17:58
I'm a guy so I guess my pants are a little looser.

LadyDoc
12-19-2010, 18:31
I'm a guy so I guess my pants are a little looser.

Please read more carefully - it is not the tightness that is necessarily the issue - it is the DEPTH of the pockets!:upeyes:

wrenrj1
12-19-2010, 18:36
Try the Fobus Paddle Holster. People tend to love or hate Fobuse holsters, but I've been wearing it for several months now. It's priced right and has an adjustible retention screw.

telecster
12-19-2010, 18:55
Go to Kathy Jackson's website "Cornered Cat"..

MrsKitty
12-21-2010, 12:26
Please read more carefully - it is not the tightness that is necessarily the issue - it is the DEPTH of the pockets!:upeyes:

Can you sew? Make the pockets deeper? Lots of men have this done, too.

How well endowed are you? I have contemplated an LCP hidden in my bra. Actually, I keep going back to that idea quite often. Maybe someday I'll have the cash for an LCP or something that size to try it with.

Linda
12-22-2010, 15:04
Are you wearing hip huggers or regular waist high jeans? Regular jeans from Lee or Levis all have deep enough pockets to accomidate an LCP in the front or rear pocket. ITW carry is probably going to be the better way to carry though. Don't go ankle holster. You have to put yourself in a very vulnerable position to retrieve your firearm. I think it's a great way to carry a back up gun but not your primary gun.

And yes, I'm female and also a CCW instructor who had to go by trial and error until I finally figured out how I would carry. Once you finally find that way, you'll know it and will never carry any other way.

wrenrj1
12-22-2010, 18:25
Sorry, I didn't read your email correctly re your already trying a Fobus Holster. Check out this recent posting of someone here on GT that makes IWB holsters for the LCP. I will be ordering one as well.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1243095

DragonLibra
12-22-2010, 21:25
I'm female and most of my jeans I have no problem carrying the LCP in a pocket. I tend to buy Lee, Wrangler, LL Bean jeans. I have a couple of pair of jeans I bought at Cabela's I hate cause the pockets are too small for even carrying my regular pocket carry of a tactical knife in a pocket holster like sheath.

I also like the Galco Stow-N-Go IWB for the LCP. Since the LCP is small it seems like a comfortable carry for me.

I've been thinking I would like to try Crossbreed for carrying my Glock 26. You might want to consider that for the LCP.

Machine Gun Jenny
12-23-2010, 16:01
My husband gave me a N82 Tactical holster for my LCP and I love it. Itís an inside the pant holster, very comfortable.

telecster
12-23-2010, 16:47
I got the mini tuck for mine and it needs to loosen up..Holster wants to come out with the gun..

LadyDoc
12-26-2010, 13:08
I'm looking at new jeans now too, besides holsters, and have also checked out the Elsie Pea forum.

Thanks for the input folks - and Merry Christmas!

MrMurphy
12-27-2010, 11:45
Try a belly band. You can slide it around for IWB hip carry.

Or, if you've got any figure beyond what a 14 yr old girl has, put it 12 o'clock. I knew a lady who was the dancer/gymnast type and she hid a P32 (before the P3AT and LCP were around) in her bra and a 1911 full size 12 oclock on occasion.

She knew guys weren't looking at her waist. Use your assets wisely.....she did. With an untucked shirt her 1911 disappeared. An LCP in a belly band there would disappear even on me and i'm a guy needing to lose weight.

MrsKitty
12-28-2010, 10:19
Try a belly band. You can slide it around for IWB hip carry.

Or, if you've got any figure beyond what a 14 yr old girl has, put it 12 o'clock. I knew a lady who was the dancer/gymnast type and she hid a P32 (before the P3AT and LCP were around) in her bra and a 1911 full size 12 oclock on occasion.

She knew guys weren't looking at her waist. Use your assets wisely.....she did. With an untucked shirt her 1911 disappeared. An LCP in a belly band there would disappear even on me and i'm a guy needing to lose weight.

I remember you telling me about her and the 1911 before.

LilWolfess
12-28-2010, 10:37
I'll put in my vote for a Bianchi IWB holster. (Since JoshK doesn't make one for the LCP yet).

While I'd immediately jump on their 100 model, the "Professional," I didn't see that they made one for the LCP. They make an entry model that doesn't look as comfortable, but might do the trick with some minor modifications. I believe it's the 6D model "ATB Waistband holster"

I've seen both styles at almost every sporting goods store that I've been to. For myself, I had the Bianchi Professional model as my first CC holster for my G26. If I wear a loose t-shirt, it disappears.

-Very quick on/off
-Simple design
-Slide guard (sweat guard) keeps your skin from getting pinched
-Trigger is completely covered
-Relatively cheap price for the quality
-Comfortable enough to forget that you are wearing it

100 Professional
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=100

6D model
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=6D