Slide stuck on a M&P 40 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Slide stuck on a M&P 40

Clay1
12-19-2010, 09:48
So I dissassembled the M&P 40 for a friend, nice guy that I am, so that I could show him how it was done. Upon the reassembly as I push the slide back on, the take down lever slipped before the slide was perfectly in place and shazam, the whole works were locked up tighter than dried eggs on your breakfast plate.

The trigger wasn't working / cocked. The slide wouldn't move forward or backwards, it was seriously stuck. I placed the muzzle on a soft padded surface and applied enough pressure that the slide should have moved, but the gun would have none of it.

Finally had to take a small punch and "tap" the take down lever into place and finally the gun went back into normal mode.

The point is: stay away from that take down lever while reassemblying the slide on the M&P or you too could be thinking that you should have just done something else today.

This isn't a slam on the design, this is just a heads up for those of you with these fine weapons to stay clear of the take down lever while working on the gun.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them, or am I just special?

Rick

craig19
12-23-2010, 20:45
Thanks for the heads up.