Glock with internal lock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock with internal lock

Natty
12-23-2010, 00:38
In Maryland new Glocks have to have an internal lock.

I read that the S&W revolvers with the internal lock feature have failed to fire after heavy recoil or dropping the gun. Is it possible that this could happen to a Glock?

Would you personally have a Glock with an internal lock, that you defend your life with?

JR
12-25-2010, 15:25
I simply can not see a Glock with an internal lock? WHY? It is already the safest gun ever produced.
Make no mistake, this BS MD law has nothing to do with firearms safety. It is a blatant attack on gun ownership! They plan to regulate the industry right out of business.

Natty
01-02-2011, 01:16
I have the G22 with the internal lock. It comes with a key about 1.5" long that you insert into the back of the grip at the bottom. I was just wondering about this after I read that the S&W revolvers have failed to fire because of their lock.

Now MD no longer requires this type of internal lock, they were not cost effective for gun makers. Handguns now must come with the kind that goes into the barrel and is removable.

JR
01-03-2011, 18:23
Yep, I have seen these before. You confused me with "internal lock", I thought of it as a grip lock but it is internal isnít it. I even purchased one just to check it out and keep as a sample. Guess what.... it failed me right out of the box!