1911s in 2011 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911s in 2011

NewGlocker28
12-23-2010, 16:17
Anyone in here concerned that in 2011 demand for 1911 style pistols will cause manufacturers to try to produce the pistols faster to meet demand, and thus perhaps comprimising quality and/or that prices will sky rocket due to supply and demand as people celebrate the 1911's centennial?

Just curious what others thinks. I'm hoping to purchase my first 1911 sometime next year, not b/c its the centennial but that's just who the chips have fallen. If I could I'd go out and get my first tomorrow but it will probably be a few more months.

Just wondering if I should be concerned and maybe hold off

rsxr22
12-23-2010, 16:22
The people who make quality 1911's will continue making quality guns. The good companies like Springer, DW, STI, and all the semi custom boys know that quality is better than quantity. Kimber was the only one that didnt see things this way, but hopefully they will get back with the departure of Cohen, but its already been like 3-4 years!

20South
12-23-2010, 17:01
The people who make quality 1911's will continue making quality guns. The good companies like Springer, DW, STI, and all the semi custom boys know that quality is better than quantity.

I agree completely

Hokie1911
12-23-2010, 17:10
The people who make quality 1911's will continue making quality guns. The good companies like Springer, DW, STI, and all the semi custom boys know that quality is better than quantity. Kimber was the only one that didnt see things this way, but hopefully they will get back with the departure of Cohen, but its already been like 3-4 years!

Bobby, you left Taurus off your list. Clearly that omission was unintentional and you merely forgot the greatness that is Taurus Custom Shop.

20South
12-23-2010, 17:13
Bobby, you left Taurus off your list. Clearly that omission was unintentional and you merely forgot the greatness that is Taurus Custom Shop.

Nice Catch!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

thecableguy
12-23-2010, 18:02

I agree with this as all are great manufacturers. The only one that I am keeping an eye on out of this list is DW. They are getting a little too proud of their guns. The prices are climbing towards semi custom price range. Of course this applies to the new ones but as we all know some people out there think that they are sitting on gold mines on the used market because of the price hike. I still want a CBOB but I am going to have to get a hell of a deal on one. I rather have a Baer for the price of a new one.

DRAGON1970
12-23-2010, 19:03
I agree with this as all are great manufacturers. The only one that I am keeping an eye on out of this list is DW. They are getting a little too proud of their guns. The prices are climbing towards semi custom price range. Of course this applies to the new ones but as we all know some people out there think that they are sitting on gold mines on the used market because of the price hike. I still want a CBOB but I am going to have to get a hell of a deal on one. I rather have a Baer for the price of a new one.

Easy now. You are in danger of upsetting the "cotex"...I mean the "cotep" boys.

thecableguy
12-23-2010, 19:07
Easy now. You are in danger of upsetting the "cotex"...I mean the "cotep" boys.

:rofl::rofl:

Hokie1911
12-23-2010, 19:12
Beware if they mobilize and break out the shirts and hats...there will be blood.

http://rlv.zcache.com/cotep_love_tshirt-p235893910181393378qw9y_400.jpg

rsxr22
12-24-2010, 10:38

Taurus is the finest made semi custom in the game. I'll take 2!!

Honestly I omitted them because they are not even in the game as far as I am concerned.

DW's are pricey, but it is because people pay it. Im sure theyd bring their prices down a little if people werent buying there guns as much as ever! They do have a little to be prideful about being the only company to not use cast parts, but the reason a lot of companies do is because its not a big deal and it is a good cost saving technique. Hence the diff in price between CQB and CQB ELite.