Gen 3 transition G-17 question ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 transition G-17 question ?

AK74play
12-24-2010, 15:33
I just purchased today, yep Christmas eve. What I call a transition gun because I don't know what else to call it. I own 14 Gen 3's and love them dearly but this one has a few differences and I would like to get your opinion or recommendations on it if possible. It has fingergroove frame, but it's a 2 pin instead of 3. It has a light rail and a US suffix serial number DVYXXXUS . It does not have a loaded chamber indicator but slide is cut with 15 degree angle. The locking block doesn't look to be as heavy duty as the one in my Gen 3 with the 3pin frame. It is all original with the Tupprware type box and 1 original mag. I made him throw in another mag just to complete the contents but of course its a current mag. Question is and correct me if I'm wrong but to install a factory extended slide release I need to a different on that I use in my Gen 3's ?? And is there anyway to install a new style locking block or should I know worry about that and just shoot it?? Oh, It shoots really great and I very pleased with the purchase. Any help or recommendations ?? Thanks in advance for any help you may have on this gun........

JR
12-25-2010, 14:11
Yep, you have a transition gun.
You will still use part number 7496 as a slide stop http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7373&TERM=lwd-7496
I would bet you have a standard Gen3 locking block. Compare pics to verify
You can update the extractor to an LCI. Be sure to also update the spring loaded bearing if you do!