How to reduce the trigger reach on G17? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How to reduce the trigger reach on G17?

Matt in AZ
12-25-2010, 00:54
Hey Y'all. I have a Gen3 G17 and have trouble reaching the trigger and cleanly disableing the trigger safety so I can pull the trigger. What I mean is that sometimes my finger hits the trigger safety from the side more than from the front and the trigger binds because that lever is not depressed far enough to allow the trigger to move. This is mostly a problem from the draw when I hurry and don't get the ideal grip on the handle. I then let off the trigger and come back to it and usually it works. I bought the pistol before I really knew how one should really fit the hand. Yes, this was an oversight on my part. However, after 1500 trouble free rounds I am glad to finally have a reliable handgun on the nightstand next to the shotgun. I am looking into doing a backstrap reduction and have already removed the finger grooves and stippled the frontstrap. This is my question: how can I reduce the length of the trigger reach on my G17? If I could reduce it even a 16th of an inch I think all would be well. Is there a aftermarket trigger connector that will help? Can I remove material along the backstrap near the 3rd pin and along the grip circumfrence, maybe some 1911-A1 scallops in the trigger gaurd area? Thanks for the help.

JR
12-25-2010, 13:58
Yes a grip reduction is the best way to overcome your "reach" issue.

FYI: LWD used to be in the grip reduction business then one day I asked myself, "Why put all the money into a new Glock frame and then pay even more money to hack it apart"? Wouldn’t it be better to simply start with a "reduced frame" right from the beginning? Needless to say, the TimberWolf was born http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=80127&CAT=3168