Springfield Loaded Magazine Recommendations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Loaded Magazine Recommendations

CHROMEDOME
12-25-2010, 05:26
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!! I was fortunate enough to recieve a New Springfield Loaded Parkerized for Christmas. Its my first 1911. Can someone please recommend replacement mags and also your thoughts on the mags that came with my 1911.

rangersniper308
12-25-2010, 06:41
I really like the Wilson's They work GREAT! but many others do as well... I just have had the best luck with Wilson

wmspdi
12-25-2010, 06:49
I have 5 Wilson ETM mags for my TRP and they work fine. I just picked up 5 ten round Chip McCormick Power Mags but haven't been able to really test them out yet.

CHROMEDOME
12-25-2010, 08:14
Thanks for the info.

Cerebrus
12-25-2010, 08:16
the stock mags should run fine.. I have had zero issues with mine.. but if ya wanna upgrade.. CMC's are good as well as Wilsons.. the CMC's are going to be a bit less spendy..

Nickpisp
12-25-2010, 08:32
I've had no issues with the stock SA mags either. I also use CMC 8 and 10 rd mags.

Quack
12-25-2010, 09:17
what ever works. i have Wilson ETM, factory mags, and some mags i got from Midway that were $5/each. the 7rd mags that you can get with the Loaded Coupon seem to work well too.

skipsan
12-25-2010, 09:39
I've used the factory Springfield mags with no issues. In addition, I've purchased additional Springfield mags (I believe they're made by Metalform) using the coupon supplied with the new pistols. Good value.
The only branded mags I've had issues with are Wilsons, the typical problem being not locking the slide back appropriately. From the various forums, its obvious,this is not all that unusual with Wilson mags, although most Wilson users don't have issues. I suggest that before you load up on any aftermarket mag, that you try ONE and validate its reliability in your pistol before dropping a bundle. My experience is that there's no reason to spend $30 or more to get a reliable magazine--and most of mine were a lot less than that.

thecableguy
12-25-2010, 09:44
I agree with everyone else here. I have had 2 Springfields and both ran fine with the supplied mags.

Jim S.
12-25-2010, 10:39
I've used the factory Springfield mags with no issues. In addition, I've purchased additional Springfield mags (I believe they're made by Metalform) using the coupon supplied with the new pistols. Good value.

Exactly what I was gonna say.
Save your money for ammunition and range time.
If you have the need for different mags then fine. Until then don't worry about it.

CHROMEDOME
12-25-2010, 10:50
Sounds good to me. My 1911 came with 3 mags. Thanks again for all of your help.

silversport
12-26-2010, 05:06
check for your Springfield Loaded coupon...should be orange...get some more stockers...won't get you any water cooler talk time but should work just fine...I like MetalForms with the removable base and round top followers as well as Tripp CobraMags when looking beyond 7 round stockers
Bill

Jason D
12-26-2010, 17:00
the stock mags should run fine.. I have had zero issues with mine.. but if ya wanna upgrade.. CMC's are good as well as Wilsons.. the CMC's are going to be a bit less spendy..

The two loaded SA's I have both came with the same magazines.
They are Mec-gar magazines that are blued with a nickeled follower.

I have never in all the 10 years I have owned them, shot anything but the factory magazines in them. I kind of wonder if these 30+ dollar magazines are nothing but a scam.

I have two Wilson 47D magazines that I have had nothing but problems with.
It it my opinion that they are junk. Each one of them was over 30.00.
I have a CMC magazine that's been anything but reliable. Cost to me, 24.00.

I have some MetalForm magazines that cost me 8.00 a piece.
They have been nothing but reliable.
The USGI government contract magazines I have are also reliable.
They cost me 5.00 a piece at a gun show.

It has been my experience time and time again, that the most expensive magazines just haven't been worth the purchase price.

ashnic
12-26-2010, 17:12
Which mags work best with a Kimber Pro Carry?

rsxr22
12-26-2010, 17:37
I have found across the board that the Wilson mags work the best in all of my guns. That being said, I can also highly recommend CMC, Tripp, and Metalform

nastytrigger
12-26-2010, 22:02
Congrats on the Loaded Park. It was my first 1911 back in '05. I agree also. I like my OEM Springer mags. I have five altogether. I've put Ed Brown base pads on all of them. I'm using them till they break. I've used them since 2005 in many matches. I also have nearly a dozen Wilson 47D's that I use for competition and carry. I also have one CMC, a Nighthawk Custom, and a couple 70's surplus mags in my stash.

CAcop
12-26-2010, 22:12
check for your Springfield Loaded coupon...should be orange...get some more stockers...won't get you any water cooler talk time but should work just fine...I like MetalForms with the removable base and round top followers as well as Tripp CobraMags when looking beyond 7 round stockers
Bill

Buy more stock mags. I use them in my duty Colt.

bw1938
12-28-2010, 15:53
I've found Chip Mccormack power mags to work in all my 1911's and last very well and the price is right.

Bob w